No. 71

//Riptide Campaign :D

**VERY MINOR SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 90!!**

I mention a thing that happens in the episode very briefly, so minor in that way but it is a major like... event? Idk man just- if you haven't seen ep90 and you dislike spoilers then please be wary! <3

This is a request from hercega !! (sorry for the delay in getting to your reqs, ;-;; ) (And for not tagging you originally holy shit-)

I've been trying to finish drafts but life keeps getting in the way TwT

I LOVE JAY FERIN SO MUCH SHE IS MY WORLD I LOVE WOMEN- EVERY TIME I WRITE HER IT MAKES ME SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY--

ANYWAY ONTO WHAT THIS IS ABOUT PFFT-

Basically, Gill gets injured in some fight, and he goes to find Caspian for help, but he's been affected by some kind of spell or curse that prevents any magical healing abilities from working so it's down to good ol' fashioned tending to injuries >:)

Just what all the gays ordered-

THIS ENDS KIND OF ABRUPTLY BUT ALSO KINDA NOT? IDK I THINK IT ENDS CUTE- BUT IF IT NEEDS A MORE RESOLVED ENDING I CAN TOTALLY DO THAT PFFT-

TW// descriptions of injuries, Gill starts to spiral a lil so anxious thoughts,

(If there are any others please lemme know <3)

-----------------

Gillion hadn't been one hundred per cent on the plan Chip had come up with, which was pretty much the case most times Chip came up with a plan, but either way, confident or not, Gillion knew that the way things were going had to be a deviation from the brunette's original idea.

The plan, from the triton's understanding, was supposed to be a quick exploration of a minor island, an island rumoured to hold some kind of treasure or artefact (if he was honest, the 'reward' didn't much strike his interest, but it seemed to spark excitement for Chip and Jay, so Gillion played along). To be fair, the trio didn't do much looking into any possible existence of lore or even if the island was inhabited. To cut through any unneeded suspense; the island was in fact inhabited. The inhabitants were very much a group of thieves and rogues.

Normally, a surprise like this wouldn't be much of a problem for the pirates. But this was not a 'normal' predictable ambush, of which Gillion, Chip and Jay had come across a surprising amount of times. Gillion had sensed a tug of arcane energy as soon as he had gotten even remotely close to the island, the feeling only growing as he and his companions ventured deeper into the island. Jay had mentioned feeling it too, though Chip was quick to link their feelings to the treasure, insisting that the treasure must be the source of this powerful energy, which then supposedly meant it was much more valuable than they originally thought. Again, to save any unnecessary suspense; the treasure was not the source of the arcane energy Jay and Gillion had sensed. It very much stemmed from the group of thieves and rogues.

Gillion had figured it would be a very familiar fight, sure, they were outnumbered, but they had been multiple times during their adventures, and this would be no different. Though, the triton's perspective quickly shifted the moment he felt himself get hit by that familiar arcane energy, his own magical abilities feeling instantly weaker, causing his body to feel lethargic and heavy. Hit after hit, Gillion felt each cut of a dagger, each punch bruising his skin, and every bit of damage he took felt like it had been increased tenfold. It felt so much worse in fact, he attempted to heal himself, something he was always hesitant to do in the middle of a fight, especially if he had not checked over his friends beforehand. Though when he attempted to draw upon his magical abilities to cast Healing Word or Cure Wounds, it had completely no effect at all.