No.29

Riptide Campaign!

I'm stressed over college work so I require soft pirate trio. That's it-

This is absolutely  just me projecting onto Jay ;') 

This is a very hurt/comfort kinda thing :D 

also I just looked at like,, sleeping quarters of ships,,, who was gonna tell me they'd most likely be sleeping in fun lil hammocks? I'm an hour and 40 minutes into writing this stupid fic and I'm re-reading replacing the word bed for hammock ;-; plus it made more sense for how I was describing things anyway, so really its more my fault I just-- 

gillion tidestrider my beloved. you sleeping in a barrel is the only current consistency I'm experiencing. Ily never change-

-Mild spoilers for episode 40..!-

TW// night terror mentions, anxiety/panic attack, derealisation

---------

Jay sat up, feeling her blood run cold as she wiped the sweat from her forehead with shaky hands. She looked around her to try and familiarise herself with her surroundings, her panicked state only increasing when she saw she was aboard a ship. Was she still in the nightmare? She had to be...Is he going to show up again? She wasn't sure how many more times she could deal with her father's cold voice and harsh words. She knew that it usually took her a while to recognise her surroundings, but everything was blurry...Did the Navy really get her?

She stumbled out of the hammock she was in, her breathing becoming more shallow and raggedy as she clumsily made her way onto the top deck, looking around once more only to see red. The sky was red...She could smell smoke. She could see distant embers of raging fires as she looked out to the horizon of a gradually fading island...It was burning. The faint screams soon turned to static, the noise growing until it was too overwhelming. Jay quickly held her hands over her ears desperately, her eyes falling to the wooden boards of the ship; the deck resembling that of a Navy ship, confirming her previous fears, now glancing to the sides of the ship, seeing two accompanying vessels. Navy. She was with the Navy again...She didn't escape...

She looked down at herself, her heart screaming when her clothes were replaced with the uniform she knew all too well. 

"Jay...I think you've been playing pretend with those friends of yours for far too long, don't you? Let's have a chat." 

A cold, firm grasp on her shoulder made her freeze, a surprised gasp being the only noise she could make as the static immediately stopped. Her posture straightened, more so out of habit from hearing his voice.

Please no. Gods no. Please don't hurt them...They're innocent...

They just wanted me to be okay...

"Playing pirates with some low-life orphan and a freakish sea creature? Really, daughter, how desperate can you get? Though you'll be glad to hear they won't corrupt your views anymore... You're finally home, safe at last..." Her father's voice echoed, his tone only shifting from cold to an even darker one. The echo was similar to the static before, the noise continuing and growing in volume, though this time, it didn't stop. As the noise grew, it felt like the air gradually got thicker and thicker, so much to the point where Jay felt herself start to gasp and cough at the lack of oxygen in her lungs. 

The noise only grew, her vision coming and going in waves of darkness, until...

Jay sat up, feeling her blood run cold as she wiped the sweat from her forehead with shaky hands. She looked around and immediately recognised herself being on board the Albatross, a small relieved sigh escaping her before her anxieties grew. Jay got up out of her hammock as soon as she felt her chest grow tight, feeling herself become lightheaded but ignored her body screaming for rest as she got up, heading towards Gillion's barrel as well as to where Chip slept straight after. Gillion was the first to wake up, lifting his head from the barrel just quick enough to watch Jay head over towards Chip. The triton became more and more concerned as he got out of the barrel.