No.51

//Ofc it's Riptide >:)

This is a request! 

//As a note I've been writing this over the course of entirely too long so I apologise for the wait ;-; For someone on Spring term break at college, I've been given a lot of work to go through :')//

This is a request from Swordsinger- :D So tysm for the request !! I'm so sorry it took me years to get to this ;_; 

The idea is basically a what-if scenario where Gill develops a fear of heights after Eddison Kingdom where he was falling and had a v scary moment? And the trio end up preparing to go somewhere pretty high up and he has a freak out over the memories of Eddison Kingdom- 

Also! I'd say for timeline sake, this'd take place a day or two just after the crew left the Kingdom..! 

Anyway! Yeah :D 

**Also I just wanted to say thank you for votes, comments and reading these little oneshots..! As someone who's interested in creative writing, this is a really cool thing to be able to do <3**

TW// Panic attacks (details of them..!), Mentions of nightmares/ Night terrors (I think that's all? If there's any others, please feel free to lemme know!!)

----------

Gillion Tidestrider wasn't one to be scared. Or at the very least, if he was scared, he'd refuse to show it. As a child, he had learned whilst training that fear would easily be his undoing and that no matter the opponent or obstacle, he had to come out victorious. It was his duty, of course. Failure was never and will never be an option. 

So to say that an event and experience had left the triton shaken was... new. It wasn't odd for Gillion to have nightmares about what could've happened. He wasn't oblivious to the dangers of falling from such heights as he had... Under other circumstances, Gillion knew it was very likely that he wouldn't have left Eddison Kingdom. It was yet one of many other reasons as to why he was in debt to Jay and Chip for helping him. Gillion remembered a vague conversation with his sister, she would help him get through his fears, how she would talk him through the facts and the truths of what had happened or what he was scared of. Though, Gillion found that this method of rationalising his fears was much better suited for things like monsters waiting outside of The Trench and other childhood fears. After the fear in his chest only grew at the facts he found himself facing, he concluded that perhaps it was better if he didn't rationalise his near-death experience.

No matter how many times he tried to forget or ignore the feelings still residing in his chest, no matter how many extra hours of training he put in... he was scared. And it was evident that the fear hadn't dissipated or lessened in the slightest. 

Of course, like with many of the lessons Gillion had learnt throughout his life, he had figured out the true severity of the fear that remained within him the hard way. He first discovered it through a simple conversation with both Jay and Chip. 

Gillion had started to wake up a bit later than he normally would, waking up with alarm to the feeling of falling just before he was forced awake. Each time, he'd quickly scan his surroundings, each time he'd catch the worried look on Pretzel's features. 

Allowing some time to collect himself and regain his composure, Gillion got ready for the day, meeting both Chip and Jay on the top deck, both in conversation with each other. As he approached the two, Chip was the first to notice his presence (only thanks to the fact that something he had said to Jay had caused her to tiredly close her eyes and rub her temple).