No.37

//Riptide Campaign :DD

Just some Gill angst innit ;')

But also fish n chips because I miss writing them ;_;

TW//   I don't think there's any? But if there are please let me know!

------

He's gone and done it again. Gillion fucking Tidestrider. Chip was so incredibly tired of this moronic triton getting himself into shit because he thinks he's invincible! He's a fish! Chip is alarmingly aware that he isn't invincible, so how can Gillion be invincible?! Stupid goddamn Gillion being a hero...

Chip was aware he didn't mean the thoughts he had towards Gillion. He knew that he was just scared of losing a crewmate. He knew he just wanted to look out for Gill. It's just... he's had this same talk with him so many times he's lost count! The crew had been on this island for what, a day? A day and a half? And somehow Gillion had already figured out the evil of the island and where it came from, which meant that he knew where he had to go to 'vanquish the evil and purge the impurities that plagued the people of the island'. Of course, those were Gillion's words, not Chip's. 

Gillion had a very strange talent of making stupidly reckless shit sound... almost romantic? Chip wasn't sure how to put it, but every time he heard the triton's voice, it was almost as if Chip was thrown headfirst into some kind of story, where the hero is claiming that they'd protect the village from the evil warlock or something of the like. It was... it was very conflicting. On one hand, it was, and Chip wouldn't admit this to Gillion, it was charming? Gillion Tidestrider was very charming. But on the other hand, it was really annoying. Mainly because Chip had to tear himself away from the instinct to just let Gillion keep talking...

Gillion talking...

Holy shit Gillion was still talking, he was meant to be arguing with him, son of a-

"...So please, Chip. Reconsider! I need to help these innocent people..." Gillion ended his spiel with a tired sigh, it seemed as if the repetition of his points were tiring him out as well. Gillion awaited some kind of reply, but when he was met with silence, his eyes narrowed slightly at Chip, then noticing how the brunette seemed to snap out of his deep thoughts. Did Chip... not listen to him? "Chip? Were you even listening...?" 

Gillion's voice was... different. Not angry but... tired. Which Chip could sympathise with, but he had spent long enough with silent reactions. "Yes! Yes, I was listening, I just... We've been over this! So many times, Gill. I don't care how far ahead you are this time in finding this evil shit or whatever, we don't know what we're up against! You're not immortal, Gill!"

Gillion seemed almost offended at this, though not for the reason that Chip assumed. "I have never claimed to be immortal! To say that would be more or less to compare me to the Gods! I am simply stating it is my duty as the Champion of the Undersea to-" 

"Well, you're not in the Undersea, Gillion! You're on land. With me and Jay. It's not all about this stupid prophecy! Why are you still putting the prophecy before yourself?! You come first, I've said this before, you're strong but you still bleed. If you can bleed you can die."

Gillion was on the top deck of The Albatross, looking out to the sea quietly. It had been just about a week since Gillion had heard those words from Chip...

If you can bleed, you can die...

Of course, Gillion wasn't a fool. He knew this, it was a saying that he heard very frequently from the elders...