No.18

//Riptide Campaign

Okok I've been bad at uploading but I am simply blaming college :')

This is to do with the latest episode of the Riptide Campaign,,! (Episode 29 spoilers!!)

This is more of like,, an alternate way a scene in the latest episode could've gone? I also really just enjoy Jay and Gillion interacting :')

-very hurt/comfort.

TW// mentions of night terrors and anxiety after waking up from them, gore mention? blood mention.  (if there are any more, please let me know! Be safe <3)

----

Gillion felt a wave of relief wash over him once Jay had agreed to let him look over her as she slept. Not only because he could ensure a dear friend's safety, but this act of protection may be a small step in repaying Jay for her kindness in buying his plate armour. Gillion had asked Chip if he was interested in taking shifts, so that way he would still be well-rested for tomorrow, but the brunette was quick to decline, mumbling something about the lack of praise he got for the idea of dressing the redhead up in an old lady costume.

The time had finally come, Jay getting into bed, still dressed in the ridiculous outfit, as Gillion hid in the closet near the bed, his sword readied to attack at the first sign of danger. He was prepared to go the entire night without sleeping, however Pretzel was quick to splash him with the water in her globe, showing that she was taking a shift for Gillion. And so the two shared shifts while Jay tried to sleep.

Sleep never came easily to Jay. She always struggle to get comfortable, especially tonight after being threatened earlier on in the day. Despite this, she tried her best to get sleep, not wanting to let the other two down in thr tournament tomorow. It was difficult, more so with Gillion's gaze falling onto her every so often, though she knew it wasn't with any strange intentions. Jay knew, as well as Chip, how quick Gillion is to do anything to protect his loved ones.

"Jay, you seem to be quite restless tonight. Are you alright? Have you spotted something unnerving?" The sudden voice of Gillion didn't scare Jay as his voice was soft, a small smile appearing on Jay's face as she replied.

"N-No. No I'm fine Gill. Don't worry, nothing's here...yet, I guess." She made sure to mumble the last part, though not quiet enough as Gillion picked up on it. Despite her normal sarcastic and reserved tone and personality, Jay had to admit...She was pretty scared. Okay, no, she was terrified. Her life had been threatened, and the second she told both Gill and Chip, the two were talking about pants! Granted, Gillion seemed to care from the situation the two were in currently, but it upset her a bit to see how Chip reacted...

"Do not fret, dear Jay. I swear that no harm shall come to you while I am here! You have my word. I will protect you while you sleep! Alright..?" Gillion's tone was different. It was less loud and boisterous, more soft and sympathetic. He must've picked up on how anxious Jay really was.

"R-right. Yeah, okay. Thanks, Gill...g'night, I guess..." As Jay said this, she turned in her bed, pulling the covers closer to her as she tried to fall asleep to the warmth of the bed. She tried to distract herself from the intrusive thoughts, the what if's that may happen while she slept. What if whoever it was that threatened her came in while she was asleep and Gillion wasn't strong enough to stop her? Gillion was a good fighter, but this lady had a gun!  "Stop it Jay. It's gonna be fine...Just sleep. It's gonna work out." As Jay muttered this, thankful that Gillion didn't hear her quiet pep talk, it was just enough to have the anxious thoughts subside for long enough so that she could drift off.

Jay woke up with a start, panting quietly as she heard a gunshot. Looking around, confused and scared, it was still late, probably just turning morning from the lack of light outside. Jay then turned her gaze from the window, looking to her right, where her closet was opened, the door still moving. Jay then looked to the door, seeing a silhouette opening the door, one hand on the knob of the door while another was across her stomach. A small grimace could be seen before the shadow ran out of the room. Then she heard it. A pained groan from beside her bed. Jay looked over the side of the bed to see Gillion on the ground, his sword on the floor just out of his grasp. Jay's eyes widened as she clumsily got out of the bed, falling onto the ground next to Gillion, placing his head in her lap before looking over him for any injuries. She spotted that he was grasping his side, just where his ribs were, carefully pulling his hands away and holding the same spot, then looking at her hand to see a dark crimson liquid covering her palm. Blood. Gillion was bleeding.