No.26

//Riptide Campaign!!

**SPOILERS FOR EPISODES #40 AND #41**

Uh so I caught up ;') so in retaliation, I am going to do local fish boy comforting local tall half-elf. Because I care about them. 

If you haven't watched or listened to the newest two episodes of the Riptide campaign, then again, spoiler warning..! ^^;;

TW// Panic attack, food and mentions of eating? (idk if that's one but just in case ^^;;) If there's any other TW's please tell me..! ^^

-------

Gillion took a small deep breath, his grip on the tray of rations and mug of newly made juice tightening as he paused. He refused to let it show how disappointed he was...Not in Ollie so much as Chip, though he wasn't even sure if that was fair. Gillion feared that he'd mess this all up if he showed anything but patience and kindness right now. Ollie wasn't doing great as it was, so any extra added stress would only make things worse for him. All of these complications were only the fault of one man. Niklaus. If Gillion wanted to blame and focus his anger towards anyone, it should be him...

But right now what mattered was in front of him. 

Gillion sighed softly, knocking on the door to the sleeping quarters gently. The second Ollie had...grown so suddenly, he sent most of his time below deck and slept below deck rather than his normal hammock in the kitchen. When he only heard muffled shuffling in response, Gillion carefully opened the door, peering in and seeing a tall shaking figure curling in upon itself. As soon as he saw this, Gillion quickly put aside the tray, making his way over to Ollie. Now he was closer, Ollie was shaking violently, as well as struggling to keep his breathing steady, not to mention Gillion spotting the half-elf's cheeks stained with previously fallen tears, the tear stains being replaced with new ones. Gillion's first instinct was to go and get Chip, but before he could do that, he was interrupted by a voice as well as a weak grip holding onto his wrist.

"M-Mr G-Gillion...? Pl-Please don't go..?" 

The second Ollie spoke, Gillion stopped. Instead of leaving, he simply sat properly rather than staying crouched down. The second he sat down more comfortably, he felt Ollie's grip on his wrist leave, his hand returning to its previous spot of hugging his knees together near his chest. 

"A-Are you sure you would rather have me here than Chip..? I can go and get him if that's easier for you-"

"N-No..! No, d-don't get Chip...I...I-I've caused enough tro-trouble for him already..." Ollie sniffled and shook his head, trying to take a deep breath to calm himself down in front of Gillion, but to no avail as he still felt his anxieties swarm around in his chest. "I-I...I can't go home like this, Mr G-Gillion... M-My mother wouldn't re-recognise me...a-and then I'd have to le-leave home! A-and I'll never ever see my fri-friends or..or my family a-again and-" Gillion sighed softly, moving closer and placing a hand on Ollie's shoulder, his firm hold on his shoulder seeming to stop his anxious ramblings. Before Gillion got to speak, Ollie quickly uncurled from his own hold, instead, moving closer and hiding his face in Gillion's neck, though with the newfound height difference, it seemed more like Gillion was the one being comforted. Ollie didn't care. He just needed a hug.

The second Ollie did this, Gillion smiled softly, returning the embrace as he started to rub small circles into Ollie's back, rocking the both of them slightly. 

"Young Oliver, I need you to try and copy my breathing, alright? That's all you have to think of doing right now. Just focus on copying my breathing...can you do that?" When Gillion felt a single small nod, he started to control his own breathing, taking deep breaths as a way to guide Ollie. Since Gillion had found him at more or less the height of this panic attack, Ollie struggled to copy his breathing at first for a couple of minutes, too tired and anxious to even get frustrated with himself as he just kept trying, though the next attempts fuelled by less effort than his previous tries. Gillion stayed silent for the whole time, doing nothing but keeping his breathing steady and deep, waiting patiently for Ollie to calm down. Another five or ten minutes passed before Ollie was able to take his first deep breath, relief washing over him as he tried again and again, nodding slowly more to himself as a silent reassurance that he would in fact get through the panic attack. Gillion couldn't help but smile to himself when he felt Ollie's breaths steadying, just being happy that he was able to provide any kind of help.