No.41

//Riptide Campaign

**SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 51**

I've never felt so upset from these funky men since episode 19 of the fated campaign. Ofc Charlie Slimecicle is still half the reason for my pain I-

I'm writing sad shit. I should be doing English coursework and art coursework, but brain rot, yk? I nearly wrote Gillion instead of fuckin Othello so I just-

I'm going through it, ok-

ANYWAY.

SAD JOHN AND GILLION SHIT

this is pretty short im sorry ;-; I just enjoy the whole aspect of Gillion having this perspective and John having his own v limited one? Idk-Its more so of me just writing out a scene that's been in my headed ^^;

 ALSO, I'm probably gonna go through my older chapters and like,, structure them and proofread em? Apparently I just,, forgot how to structure shit or spell when I started this book -_- But I'll try and space these edits out so I don't annoy anyone with notifications^^;

:') Takes place more or less where the episode left off, and then a small canon divergence, so if you haven't seen the last episode (ep 51) please be wary of spoilers..!!

TW// I don't think there's any? If there are, please lemme know so I can add them! 

----

The Riptide Pirates were left panting in this hub-like room, nothing but the sound of constantly turning hallways and the breathlessness of the crew. Chip's breath was shaky from recovering from his nearly completely frozen state, shivering as he managed to finally move his limbs again, sitting up. Jay had fallen to her knees, out of breath from running to the door and the extra effort of pulling Marshall John through the doorway as well as helping Gillion through. Finally, Gillion had fallen as well, dashing through the closing gap of the door, falling harshly ono his side, the frozen Marshall John still held tightly to his chest. The triton was panting, though quickly got up to a kneeling position, checking the iced-over figure. The moment she regained her normal breathing, Jay turned to Gillion, who hadn't seemed to change his worried checking over of John.

"H-Hey, Gill? You-"

"J-Jay, do you... I-I know that I saw you absorb fire before... can you maybe create it or... I-I only have cold spells, and I don't see them being very helpful-"

Jay and Chip were both quick to notice the stuttering and the shaking of the triton. Chip knew from experience that Gillion wasn't particularly shivering, he was shaking. He wasn't freezing, though there was no doubt the triton wasn't cold at all. Gillion was shaking and stammering over his words from pure worry over John's condition.

Jay thought through the logistics of using fire, knowing that it probably wouldn't be as effective as the triton wanted. As any of them wanted.

"Just any way to thaw him quicker... before n-necrosis sets in if... if it hasn't already..." Gillion's voice became smaller as he voiced the idea that John may already be suffering from necrosis, that his time may already be up...

Jay then gave into Gillion's request, saving the doubt she had for it working to herself. As she did this, Gillion hesitantly made his way over to Chip, taking his bedroll and wrapping it around the still shivering pirate. Chip nodded as a silent thanks as he huddled more into the bedroll, letting out a comfortable sigh. Gillion grinned fondly at this, and then had his attention turn back towards Jay and Marshall John, seeing her apologetic expression as she shook her head, gesturing towards the still just as frozen Marshall John.

"Well... We've got not more fire, b-but maybe he'll thaw over time! Plus whilst he's frozen, he's intact. The second he's unfrozen, he'll be in a worse condition-"