Chapter 17

"What? It's for him?!" I shouted and threw the broom away, Cadmus looked at me with frowned brows and asked, "Why are you trying to hit him with that broom?"

I stood straight and smiled at him, "Nothing we're just playing" I said and simply glared at the guy beside me, who was putting his hands in his pocket and kept on smiling, I'm gonna rip that grin off yours if only my cousin wasn't here.

"By the way why are you here?" I ask him and walk back to the table and start eating this tuna sandwich. "Gonna discuss something with him," he said.

"What? In the middle of the night?" I ask, they're so workaholic asf. "Ok, I'll just go inside my room, goodnight," I said bringing the plate of tuna sandwich with me, "Hey stay, paguusapan din naman namin ang about sa mangyayari sa investigation mo kaya wag ka nang umalis," Cadmus said and they both seat in the dining table and start eating.

Really, they want me to stay here while I eat this plain tuna sandwich while they're eating a good meal, shut up.

"Can you just talk about it without me?" I rudely ask and raise my brows on them, they both glance at me and my dear cousin said, "Kung ganyan ang gusto mo mas mabuti pang ibalik ka nalang namin sa kulungan kesa tulungan ka," he said and eat those parsley toast bread.

I roll my eyes and mutter as I walk back and seat beside my cousin. I hate how these two make me follow them for their genius ass!

"Let's eat first," This jerk in front said and smiled at me, I glared at him and said, "Yeah, you two should eat," till you choke to death!

They both eat and talk about work; I just focus on my phone the whole time.

"Ok, let's talk about what will be the process of that drug case?" Cadmus asks. Look at his jerk friend before he glances at me and grabs my phone. "Hey that's my phone," I said and rose my eyebrows at him.

"Now we're talking," he said and put my phone in his pocket and stared at me, I have no choice but to listen and put my hands on my chin, this is fucking boring.

Then this jerk starts talking, "A drug test looks for the presence of one or more illegal or prescription drugs in your urine, blood, saliva, hair, or sweat. Urine testing is the most common type of drug screening. The drugs most often tested for include, marijuana, such as codeine, oxycodone, morphine, hydrocodone, and fentanyl, Amphetamines, including, Barbiturates, such as phenobarbital and secobarbital, Phencyclidine," he talks so long, so boring that's why I sigh and my cousin quickly glared at me because of that.

"What?" I whisper and he just darkly stares at me and continues listening to this genius jerk.

"So, drug screen, drug test, drugs of abuse testing, substance abuse testing, toxicology screen, tox screen, sports doping tests all the same." he can just say that it's just a drug test itself, daming sinasabi.

"For this troubled lady over here, her case is Legal or forensic purposes. Testing may be part of a criminal or motor vehicle accident investigation. Drug screening may also be ordered as part of a court case. Since she was a witness together with the drug lord during the raid scene. We have to attend the trial for this just to be updated with the case" Yeah, how many time do I have to tell them that I don't know that guy, it just happens that he's sexy to fuck.

"Valencia are you sure you're not trying any kind of drugs?" My eyes widened when my cousin asked me that, face to face! "What?! I will never try drugs!!!"

"It's good that we're clear here, magandang malinaw dahil baka mamaya pag sinimulan na ang case at investigation lalo na ang drug test ay mag positive ka" he said, so I let out a big exhale, this is unbelievable!

"I can't believe this" I utter and close my eyes because of frustration and irritation. If only I can kill, nor pull their tongues together I will do it!

"There are ways so we can determine if she's into drugs," what? He looks at me and "Let me if you feeling any of this, Slowed or slurred speech, Dilated or small pupils, Agitation, Panic, Paranoia, Delirium, Difficulty breathing, and Changes in blood pressure or heart rhythm" He was smirking and enjoying asking me.

He really knows how to piss me off, "No!! I don't feel any of that fuck!!!" I said and threw the tissue on him, he caught it and nodded with that grin and turned seriously, see! Is he sick? Or his bipolar? Some kind of mood disorder.

"How does the drug test happen?" Cadmus asked him. "Hmm, For a blood test for drugs, she will go to a lab to provide a sample. During the test, a healthcare professional will take a blood sample from a vein in her arm, using a small needle. After the needle is inserted, a small amount of blood will be collected into a test tube or vial. She may feel a little sting when the needle goes in or out. This usually just takes less than five minutes. Don't need to be scared" he said and looked at me teasing me with those last sentences.

"I'm not scared!" I said!

"Good," He said and continue talking, so many explanations, really not my fucking thing. I don't give a fuck about this shit. I know I don't use any drugs so I'm confident with myself.

"Are we done here? Can I fucking go?" I sarcastically said, "No, Levi, does Valencia need to know some things before the drug test happens, like preparation?" he asks him, and we both look at this jerk.

"She just has to be aware and sure to tell the testing provider or health care provider if she's taking any prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines, or supplements because they may give her a positive result for certain illegal drugs. Also, this lady should avoid foods with poppy seeds, which can cause a positive result for opioids." I'm not taking any drugs or medicines so I'm fine.

"Understood, now can I go?" I ask and stand up lazily. "Ok you may go," Cadmus said.

"You being so grumpy shows symptoms of drugs, be careful," I forcefully glance at this jerk lawyer and stick my middle finger on him. "Fuck you," I hissed. "No, thanks," he playfully said.

"You're not my type."