Epilogue

Liam Visenter Austin's Point of View

"Liam mag-iingat ka doon ah, tawagan mo ako lagi," Mom said as I look at her and stand up grab my things up.

"If you need money, call us," I glance at Mr. Sanchez as he said that and tap my shoulder, I smile at him and say, "I won't be needing more money, what you give is enough for me to survive there, and if there happens to be that time, I lose money, I would work and call my Dad instead, thank you Mr. Sanchez," I said it so straight forward.

Mom and Him look at each other before he smiles at me, "Liam, how many times do I tell you that you should start calling me dad," he said, wrapping his arms on my mother's shoulders and they both smile at me like a happy couple.

"No, I'm comfortable with Mr. Sanchez, I have to go," I said and kissed my mom's cheeks before I turn my back at them and walk towards the third gate of the airport.

As I stand here in front of the gate, I glance at my Mother before I take a deep breath and walk inside. I'm going to study abroad as an exchange student and this is a great opportunity for me.

I will work and study hard for my father's dream, I will be a great Lawyer someday.

I boarded the plane and read some books about Law that I brought with me. The travel time takes 13 hours and 52 minutes. It wasn't a long trip for me because I just enjoyed reading my books along the flight. As I finish my third book it's the exact time that the plane was about to land.

When I step out of the plane, a different kind of ambiance from a different country embraces me, french air city lights meet my gaze. When I step out of the airport and ride the taxi my eyes can't help but be amazed by the beautiful city lights.

Elegant attire of people, vintage and aesthetic buildings and places, restaurants, and city sites. "C'est ta première fois ici ? (It's your first time here?)" The taxi driver asked me, I smiled and nodded. "Oui (Yes)" I answer and look at the streets.

"tu as l'air si jeune, étudiant d'échange ? (You look so young, exchange student?)" he asks, "Yes," I answer and stop when I see the famous restaurant I see on the internet.

And to be exact my apartment is a building away from it, which means I can go there anytime I want. "Ici (Here)" I said and handed the driver my payment and stepped out of the taxi, looking at the building of my apartment, "Mr. Sanchez sobra na talaga ito," I whisper before I let out a deep breath and went inside.

Mr. Sanchez bought this expensive apartment for me, but I'm only gonna stay here for 11 months. Such a waste of money, I could just stay in a room-space apartment. When I went inside the place my lips parted as I looked at it, "Sobrang ganda," I whisper, the whole place already has furniture and appliances that I might need.

The walls are painted white and gray, it's super neat and nice. I sit on the couch and look around the place. "I will pay everything of this after I graduated Mr. Sanchez" I whisper and close my eyes, after that I fix my things and rest.

The next morning, I started going to school and studying hard just like I always do. And as the months pass by, I end up doing well and have a lot of credentials from the school and earn money by doing a part-time job at Le cinq.

There I started learning some dishes, and decided to build my own restaurant when I graduated.

"Rendez-vous demain (See you tomorrow)" one of my classmates said as we stepped out of the school gate. "Oui a bientot (Yes, see you)" I said and smile at him, I walked home and change for work, but while changing my phone rings, and I check it, I saw Mom calling.