Chapter 59

I was staring at my brother's coffin, sitting here in front holding his toy. I feel so numb and I can't even take a deep breath, because my heart keeps breathing so weakly. I can't even express my feelings.

I wanna cry, I want to show my anger, my madness, everything that kills me at this moment. I wanna show everyone that I'm not ok but tears seem to get tired of me. They stopped and didn't let me cry after that court trial.

Why is this happening to me? Why is this happening to me? Why? Why my brother?

My precious Joaquine, my sweet, my happiness, my life.

Bakit siya pa? Siya na lang ang dahilan kung bakit ako lumalaban sa buhay siya pa ang nawala sa akin, bakit kailangan niya pang maranasan ang mga bagay na ito sa huling sandali niya.

Why? I wanna ask why? Why?

I wanna ask why, why him, somebody answer me why my brother?

"Valencia," I glanced at him when he called my name, "The police want to talk to you," He said, I nodded glancing at my brother, and follow him outside.

As we went outside the police instantly approach me, "Condolence Miss Delavine, we just want to give you this, nagimbistiga ho kami sa nangyari sa kapatid n'yo at nariyan na ho lahat ng kailangan n'yong malaman, at nahuli na rin po ang nakabangga sa kanya, iyon lamang mauna na ho kami, Atty. mauna na ho kami" They said and Levi nodded at me, We both went back inside, Levi guide me to one of the room here in the mansion.

"It's better that you'll read that here," He said and close the door, he stand in front of me as I sit here on the couch and open the envelope with a blank expression.

I just wanna sleep.

When the papers are already in my hands, I started feeling this heavy thing on my chest again, giving me a much harder time breathing, I slowly open the paper and the first thing that my eyes saw is a medical autopsy, which says that before the accident happens there is a case of child abuse from the Mistress.

I look at the pictures given here on the papers, where I saw some small bruises on my brother's arms, stomach, and chest, dry scratches, and almost healed wounds. This means these wounds weren't new anymore.

They have been hurting my brother since the day it stays on their roof, also the report says that the time Joaquine was running out of the gate is because the Mistress was about to flash hot water on him.

I started panting so hard as I continue reading, my heart is breaking into pieces, and as I read every pain my brother got from them, I felt it too, parang bawat sampal, pagkurot at kung ano pang pananakit ay tila nararamdaman ko ngayon.

And the last report breaks me, they didn't feed my brother every time he was on their roof, Since I was 10 years old, I strive so hard, and work so hard just to feed my brother, just not to make him starve but imagining how my brother suffer during those days of starves make my heart bleed.

I slowly hugged the papers and shook my head as my emotions burst out inside my body, I can't take this anymore.

My brother suffered so much, "AHHH!!!!!!!" I shouted with all my anger, throwing things near me, "AHH!!!!!!" my madness surrounds my whole body to the point that I can't say a word anymore.

Levi walked towards my place and hugged me, stopped by hugging me but I kept struggling and continued throwing things. "AHH, I WILL KILL THEM!!!AHH!!!!!" I shouted and suddenly I lose all of my strength and my knees loosen control, I lose my balance, I fall into his arms as he continues hugging me and a teardrop fall on my cheeks.