Chapter 27

Levi's story

"Papa!!!" Levi's old self was running at the side of the seashore while pulling his kite, a colorful kite that was made by his father.

Bright smile flashes on his lips, and visible pure happiness on his eyes underneath those big glasses he wears. "Ganyan nga anak hahaha," sambit ng papa niya habang naka sunod ito sa kanya at masayang pinagmamasdan ang saranggola ng anak.

"Liam, anak dahan-dahan madapa ka," malambing na sambit ng ina habang pinagmamasdan siya sa di kalayuan, he looks at his mom and smile.

Nakita ni Levi ang palapit ng ama sa kanyang ina at ito'y niyakap, they were smiling at each other, that makes the little boy stop from playing and watch his parents love each other.

But that suddenly changed and, "BAKIT MO NAGAWA SA AKIN ITO LILIANE!!!?!?!?! BAKIT" he watched his father kneel weakly on the floor while her mother was standing in front of him.

His father was crying so hard while he was sitting on the staircase watching his parents quarrel in between the staircase railings.

His father is filled with tears on his face, gently holding the hands of his love, while his heart is breaking into pieces.

"BAKIT LILIANE, BINIGAY KO ANG LAHAT BAKIT?" The broken man asked his wife but the wife couldn't even look at him, she lost out of love for him and this little boy on the staircase felt that, making him grip the railings and kept on watching.

"Pagod na akong maghintay sa mga pangarap mo Victor, lagi nalang pangarap wala namang nangyayari sa buhay natin!" galit na sambit ng ina at hinila ang kamay sa haplos ng kanyang asawa.

"LILIANE MALAPIT NA TAYO DON MAHAL KO, BAKIT NAMAN GANITO BAKIT MO KO NILOKO?" sambit nito at mas tumindi ang pagluha at inis na nararamdaman para sa sarili, ang pagkukulang na matagal niya nang iniiwasan ang tuluyan nang isinumbat sa kanya.

Tanging kahinaan ng ama ay ang pagkamit ng mga pangarap nito para sa kanyang pamilya, sadyang mahirap lamang ang buhay nila kaya hindi ito agad na kakamit ng ama ni Levi.

Kaya nagawa ng inang maghanap ng ibang lalaki, "Mas masusustentuhan ni Christian ang mga pangangailangan ni Levi kaya hayaan mo na ako, abutin mo ang pangarap mo ng mag-isa" matigas na sambit ng ina at tinalikuran ang asawa, saktong pagtalikod nito ay ang pagtama ng mga tingin nilang mag-ina.

Kung saan tumulo ang isang luha sa kaliwang mata ni Levi bago tumayo at umakyat sa kanyang silid, niyakap ang sarili at matapos ang luhang tumulo kanina ay wala nang sumunod.

Nanatiling tahimik si Levi simula noon, hanggang sa panoorin niyang mag impake ang ama para sa pag alis nito papuntang ibang bansa.

He was seated on the bed while his father was fixing his clothes and controlling his tears to fall, Levi just stared at his father while skating his hanging feet.

Kumukuyakoy lamang ito habang pinapanood ang ama habang hawak ang saranggolang ginawa nito para sa kanya.

Sobrang pagpipigil ng ama sa pagiyak, kaya nang harapin ang anak matapos isarado ang maleta ay bumuhos ang luhang pinipigilan nito.

He hugged his son and whispered, "Aalis lang si Papa ah anak," His voice is clearly cracking while saying that but Levi just nodded and kept on staring at his father like he was memorizing every part of his face. "Mag-aral ka nang mabuti ah, tuparin mo ang pangako kay Papa na magiging attorney ang anak ko hahaha"he laugh bitterly and caresses his son's face.

"Abutin lang ni Papa ang pangarap niya, tapos babalik ako at kukunin ko kayo kay Tito Christ mo" he weakly said and hugged him again.

That promise is set on the child's mind permanently, until his father already leaves and they move into a bigger house.

A lot of expensive toys were put in front of him, and expensive food was served to him, but the little boy chose to read old books and eat cheap vegetables with the maids. Levi chooses to live a simple life even though he's already living a luxurious life.

Christ tries his best to be close to him but Levi chooses to read a lot of books and keep himself busy all the time to avoid him. He doesn't like watching his mom happy with this guy, because he holds on to his father's promise.

Every day he was hoping to hear that his father became a great photographer in Switzerland but as years pass by nothing happens.

He graduated elementary with the highest honor but there is no father who came back, he got the chance to study abroad during high school but there is no father who came back.

His mother got pregnant but there was no news about his father's success until he graduated high school and got the first chance to talk to his father again.

And then after that call through the phone, he realized that his father still didn't get his dreams, now he is still working as a factory worker in a small company in Switzerland.

Levi knows he can do something; he studies even harder and still holds on to the idea that his parents are still not divorced.

If his father can't do what he promised anymore, maybe he can, maybe he can take a chance and complete his family again but...

***

(A call from yesterday when Levi is inside his room before Coraline comes into the scene.)

"Hello?" he asked.

"Attorney Austin, we would like to inform you that your parent's divorce paper has been approved" he was stunned and slowly nodded and said, "Thank you for informing me."

"Now the hope stops and I accept everything" he whispers.

***

Valerie's Point of View

"WHAT?! YOU JUST LET IT GO LIKE THAT EASILY?!" I ask with this belief. How can he just accept that his mom cheated because of money?

"Yeah, I guess haha," he said and chuckled, no way, "If I were you, I would never forgive that person who cheated" I bitterly said and my smile faded Like I know someone who cheated!

"You just have to let love decide for you and forgive the person who cheated," he said and smiled at me.

I grin bitterly and say, "Not for me."