Chapter 57

I wake up laying on the floor here in front of the door of my condo, looking exhausted and wasted. I was so dramatic last night to the point that I ended up falling asleep here.

I feel so bad, and out of the mood, because of everything that happens to me this week. I was too ambitious to think that everything is going to the flow and that it will lead us to a happy ending, but like I said I was too ambitious to achieve that kind of thing.

The universe just made me feel that kind of happiness and then took it away after, slapping me with the truth that I can't be with that perfect man.

I always end up giving him trouble, I was so lame and disgusting, so fucked up!

I wiped my face using my hands before I decided to stand up, wash my face and remove the dry tears in my eyes. Look at the mirror and bring back that strong aura again, to be able to fight and survived be strong and close your doors for anyone.

"You got this, you always got this alone Val," I whisper to myself as I stare out the window, I have the fight to face and this is more important than anyone else.

More important than him.

After that, I drink coffee and just stay here looking at the window sky. I think I just need this time alone before I go back and fight again, I won't let this feeling ruin the plan to win the claims.

I need to think of Joaquine's custody first and try to forget about this fantasy. I'm not for him and he is not for me, that's it.

I walked straight to the shower after drinking and stayed here the whole day thinking, and slept just to wake up tomorrow. Then I woke up to get ready for the court trial today.

I take some coffee and take a shower again just like I did yesterday, but this time I wear an earth-tone woman's suit paired with black Dior ankle boots and straighten my hair. I also look in the mirror, remove the excess hairs on my face, and decided not to put any makeup on, I just wear my reading glasses.

I took a deep breath as I stare at my reflection in the mirror and then I hear a doorbell from the door, and that made my heart beats so fast, I badly know who is that guy standing behind that door.

I let out that deep breath and looked at the mirror for the last time before I walked towards the door and opened it for him. He's wearing a black for-man suit, fixed hair up, and his specs on. He's also holding his black leather briefcase bag.

He looked at me, with a worried expression, "Valencia, before anything else I want to clear everything that happen that nig----," I cut him off and turned my back on him, "I don't really have time for any kind of discussion Attorney Austin, I wanna know what will happen later and how will I answer the possible accusations," I said it so straight forward and look at him with a blank face.

I saw him clench his jaw before he nodded and fixed his necktie, "We will talk about our relationship after this promise me," he seriously said and looked me in the eyes.

"Let's just star----," he cut me off and said, "Promise me Val" he firmly said, "Fine just let's start," I said and he started discussing the things for the claims. After that, we went to the court trial and faced this Demon. "Where's my brother?" I ask him so coldly.

"He's with your aunt Fait----," I cut him and raised my brows at him, "I don't have any blood running to that bitch so don't you ever tell me she's my aunt shit!" I whisper so darkly and proceed to my seat together with Levi beside me.

"We can do this" Levi whispered and tried to hold my hands under the table but I quickly avoided it and ignore his stares at me.

We waited for a minute until the judge arrives and seat in front, everybody who was going to witness the trial was seated in their places and my fucking demon father's Lawyer already arrive also and seated beside me.