Chapter 39

"Tawagin mo na lang akong Papa Vic, anak," he said and smile at me, I fakely smile and try my fucking best to be nice, "I just we should cook dinner first, so I can leave and head to the firm after, that's your room Dad" he said and pointed at the wooden wall in the hallway.

My brow frowned when he pointed at the wall, what? room? the wall?

"Do you know how to open it?" He asks his dad, "Oo naman anak pinakita mo sa akin dati iyan," he joyfully said and walk towards the wall, what?!

I was so confused until I saw how his dad opened a secret door in the wall which leads to a guest room. My eyes widened because of that and I slowly look at this guy beside me, I waited until his dad closed the door before I hit him.

"Ouch, para saan iyon?" He innocently asks, I bite my lower lip because of irritation before I move close to him and whisper, "You have extra room, yet you let me sleep on the couch, when your damn sister is here!!!" I darkly said, he looked at me so calmly and asked, "Did I let you sleep on the couch? I don't remember, all I know is that you slept on my bed that time" he said and walked to the kitchen.

I followed him with flaming stares and said, "That's not the point!! The point is why didn't you let me or your sister sleep in that room!!! You make me believe that you only have two rooms here!!!" I try to control my voice so that his dad won't hear it.

"That's not a big issue Valencia," He said and start cooking, "It's an issue you kno----,"

"Anong Issue mga anak?" I stopped when his dad showed up, he changed his clothes so fast.

"Issue sa modeling ko po, You know famous stuffs," pagdadahilan ko, and with that I heard this jerk chuckling and continued cooking, I kicked his legs secretly before I walked towards the table and sat there.

"Oo nga pala isa kang sikat na modelo, kaya nga nahihiya ako sa onoffer mong trabaho iha, baka mapahiya lang ang bar mo dahil sa akin" He said and seat in front of me, he look so shy and I can see pity on his eyes, he pity himself.

"No, Your son showed me some of your shots and I like them, as I model I know when the photographer is good or not, and I must say your shots were amazing" I said and smile at him, my lips parted when he suddenly had teary eyes, but he quickly hides it and wipes it.

"Nako iha, maraming salamat" He said and smiled. Now I'm amazed that he could still smile purely even though he's so down. I understand that he's so frustrated with his dream, that he didn't even aim at what promised to his son.

But life and dream are never too late, Gonna make it happen tomorrow. "I trust you po with the photo shoot tomorrow."

He smiles and say, "Sobrang salamat anak," he said and shook his head, "Pa wag ka nang mag drama dyan, here you two should eat dinner, I'll be just fixing things on the firm. Babalik din ako mamaya. Hey you wash the dishes," he said and tapped his father's shoulder before he got his files and left.

"Pagpasenyahan mo na ang anak ko, ganyan lang talaga yan" He said while we're eating, I think I should speak tagalog, because his dad speak tagalog, It feel disrespectful if I keep talking on him on english when I can speak tagalog naman.

Levi's dad is still handsome even though he's already a middle-aged man, his appearance is just like his son, they both look so nice and calm. He even has those squinty eyes, or sleepy eyes that make him look like a nice person, well, he is.

His appearance and looks really match his personality, that's why I fell with him.

"How's Switzerland po?" I ask, try to continue a conversation. "Ayon, napakalamig doon nak, sobrang lamig na pakiramdam mo namamanhid ka na" he said, I know what he said has a double meaning.

"I understand you po" I said, he smiles and shook his head, "Naawa ako sa anak ko, sobrang bait ng anak ko" he suddenly became emotional and tears fall from his eyes, "Halos siya ang nagpursige sa pangarap naming dalawa habang ako naman ay patuloy na umaasa sa pangarap ko" he said and smile, wipe his tears and look at me.

"Alam mo ba yang si Visente, hindi kailanman humingi ng pera sa akin iyan at kahit sa bagong kinakasama ng mama niya, nagtrabaho siya kahit ang-aaral, minsan nga siya pa ang nagpapadala ng pera sa akin sa abroad...lahat ng ito" his eyes roam around the place and said, "Lahat ito pinaghirapan ng anak ko, lahat ng meron siya ngayon ay siya lamang ang umabot nito at hanggang ngayon siya pa rin ang gumagawa ng paraan para sa akin, napakawalang kwenta kong ama hindi ba" he said.

"No, you're not," I said and seriously looked at him, "Your son was able to do all of this because this is what you showed him, this what you build in his mind and heart, he did all of this because this is his dream for his parents. Without you he wouldn't fight for this, so don't look at yourself as worthless" I said and slightly confused because I can't believe what came out of my mouth.

Where did that come from?

He smiles and nodded, "Tama ka, napakaswerte ng anak ko dahil nandito ka" he said that makes my eyes open wider, "Po?" I ask.

"Bagay na bagay kayo ng anak ko, napakabuti mong tao nak. Alam kong maaalagaan nyo ang isa't-isa ni Visente" My lips parted when I realize what he thinks of us.

"No po! We're not in a relationship we're just...friends" I said and laugh, "Doon din kayo papunta" he said, so I stop and look at him in disbelief.

"I'll just wash the dishes po, you better go to sleep, we have a great day tomorrow," I said and I can't believe I cheerfully said that, fuck, me!?

"Sige iha, mauna na ako maraming salamat ulit" He said and walked towards his room, I saw him walk differently, then I realized that he has a scar on his left leg and it still looks like a big pain. "What happened to your feet po?" I ask before he enters his room.

"Ah, simpleng aksidente sa factory ito nak ahhaha magaling na, oh siya matutulog na ako" he said and close the door, I get curious where that came from, but I manage to wash the dishes and wait for that jerk.

10:24 pm when finally, he opens the door and comes home, "You're still awake," he utters.

"What happens to your dad's feet?" My question stopped him from getting food from the table and he looked at me. "Nadisgrasya siya nong malamang buntis si Mama kay Coraline, he still loves my mom so bad to the point that he spaces out during his work, and heavy equipment from the factory slip on his hand and fall to his feet" oh my gosh.

"How old were you at that time?" I ask. "11 ata," he said and started eating, I sat beside him and rested my face on my palm, "I was only 11 years old at that time, yet I managed to give money for my father's hospital bill," he said, making me parted my lips.

"How?" I ask. 11 years old?

"I use my brain, I was studying in an international school at that time, so I asked my rich classmate if I can do their assignment for 500 pesos, they agreed so I did a double dozen of assignments the whole month just to make money for my dad," He said while continuing eating.

"Wow you're good," I said, complimenting him. "I know," he said, so I rolled my eyes and stood up, "Whatever, I'll sleep na," I said.

I was walking toward my room when he said, "Wanna sleep in my room?" He asked. I suddenly urge a smile and say, "Your dad is here."

He looks at me and says, "The room is soundproof."