REAL EPILOGUE

Velarie's Point of View

1 year passed by, "Comment vous sentez-vous aujourd'hui (How are you feeling today?)" my therapist asks me while I'm still laying here on the bed, I look at her and say, "I'm ok," I said look at the mirror beside my bed.

It's been 1 year already, since the day my life broke down to ashes, and now I'm still in the process of healing, although I know that things like that won't be forgotten. I still try to heal myself because I know this will make Mommy and Joaquine happy.

But it's so fucking hard, when I go back here in France, I lock myself in my room for almost three months, I almost die from starvation. The maids were so worried about me, so they called Luxe and broke the door, bringing me to the hospital where I suffer from depression, anxiety, and panic attacks.

Everything that could trigger my mental health happens for 3 months, and I must say that I been through hell during that time now I'm still here at the hospital because I still have problems and I don't wanna end up killing myself because I know it's a sin and my Mommy won't be happy about that.

I try my best to survive, to live but I always end up crying alone at night, missing the person that I live for, the person I know won't ever leave me.

He was so pure and kind, sweet and everything that a kid would be, but left so early, the world didn't have the chance to hear his voice, his talents, and his sweet smile.

The world misses the chance of having you in it Joaquine, I know you're happy right now, please help ate heal because it's so hard.

"Vous améliorez Valérie (You are improving Valerie)" she said and smiled at me as she writes her records about my checkup today, "Do you wanna have some small talk before I leave?)" she asks and smiles at me. I nodded and looked at her.

"Ton anniversaire sera le mois prochain, non ? (Your birthday will be next month, right?)" she asks. I nodded as an answer before I looked out the window, I almost forgot about that, "What's your wish for your birthday?" She asks and smiles at me, holding my hand and caressing it gently.

"I don't know" I whisper, I feel so numb the healing just feels so blank, and now I realize that I wasn't healing, I'm fading, I don't have any dreams right now, I'm just here to survive life because I can't kill myself, everything makes me realize that I was just trying to survive not to live.

"Do you want something as a gift?" she asks, I look at her with blank emotion, but suddenly one thing comes into my mind and I whisper it, "Piano"

"You want a piano?" ask as and clear it out, I nodded slowly and repeated, "Piano" I whisper, "Ok, I'll bring Piano here tomorrow ok, but for now I have to go, I have other errands, rest," she said, stand up and tap my shoulder before she leaves the place.

I look at the mirror, where I can see my reflection. I look so pale, thin, and weak. I couldn't recognize myself anymore, the Valerie I know totally disappeared.

I'm so ruined and worthless right now, I urge a smile before I lay down properly and cover myself with my comforter.

I close my eyes for a minute before I sit again and take two sleeping pills. I lay on the bed again and waited for myself to fall asleep.

I took a sleeping pill to fight my insomnia, I became so frowned upon for any type of sickness.

I sleep for almost one day and a half, Then I just woke up when they deliver a small white piano to my hospital room and leave me after, there was a note on the piano from my therapist says,

"Healing doesn't come from our minds it comes from our heart, frees yourself from pain and let go to be able to heal."

I urged a small smile before I sat in front of the Piano and opened it, started playing the twinkle-twinkle little star which my Mom taught me when I was 7 years old. As I played it I started to feel something inside of me.