Chapter 51

"Levi," he said, making me stop for a second and put my hands in my pocket and take a deep breath. "Can we find a new lawyer?" I said and avoided his gaze.

"Why? He's Delavine's trusted Lawyer, why bother finding a new one when we already have one?" He asks with confusion on his face. I try to think of an excuse as fast as I can just to convince him.

"Maybe he's busy," I said, "He's not" he instantly answered, "He's already handling the company, he's firm and he's business. This case will just add more stress for him, we can hire a new Lawyer for this" I said and keep trying to convince him.

"No, Levi is the only Lawyer I trust, and I'm sure he'll think of a better way to handle this case," he said and stared at me. "We can trust a greater Lawyer than hi----" he cut me off and said, "There is no greater Lawyer than him, why are you so not into him, he will save you and your brother from you Dad!" he hazes and frowned his brows on me, I had no choice when Cadmus already decided, I'm under his guide when I'm here in Manila.

"Fine," I said and walked inside Joaquine's room, "I'll be back tomorrow morning," Cadmus said and left the place. I lay beside my brother and caressed his hair as he slept peacefully beside me. "I will never let that demon get you under his roof" I whisper and kiss his forehead.

I just stare at him here, and never get tired. Until he suddenly moved and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Mommy," I heard him whisper, I closed my eyes in pain knowing that my brother has been longing for our Mom since he was born.

He never really feels a parent's love, and he never really meets our Lovely Mother, but I never stop filling the emptiness he feels. I always try my very best but a Mother can't be replaced by anyone.

My Mom is still the person my Brother will be longing for all of his life. "I'm here for you," I whispered and hugged him too. He might have ADHD, but he's the best brother and gift from god, this little chubby tantrum boy is my savior.

I just stared at him the whole night until I didn't realize that I had already fallen asleep. I wake up with him already watching TV here inside his room. He's sitting beside me while he's focused on the cartoon movie shown on the screen.

I smile at him and sit, kissing him on his cheeks, "Good morning," I whisper to him and hug him, he didn't answer and was still focused on the movie, so I decided to stand up and do my morning routine while he was busy watching.

I also call for breakfast delivery from a well-known meal delivery shop here in Manila. We just waited and watched here inside the room, and after 30 minutes the delivery arrived, "Joaquine let's eat breakfast," I called him, fixed our food here at the table, and waited for him to step out of the room.

But 5 minutes passed by already and he still didn't come out, so I had no choice but to bring the food inside and feed him on the bed.

After 4 spoons of pancake, "I don't want anymore," he said, "No, you need to finish this whole pancake so, you won't starve Joaquine," I said and try to feed him more but he started avoiding the spoon.

"Come on Joaquine, don't avoid the food," I said and tried to catch his mouth but he kept moving until he stepped out of the bed and ran outside. "Joaquine!" I said but he laughed and run along outside in the living room.

"Come here you little boy," I said as I tried to catch him with the spoon of pancake in my right hand, I was running after him while also balancing the food on my hands.

"Joaquine stop na! Come on one more bite," I said, but he still didn't listen until he kept running and as he ran towards the door, it suddenly opened making us stop running, Cadmus came in together with this jerk at his back.