Chapter 52

I wake up late in the morning because I spend my whole night researching and reading a lot of cases of custody claims. I need to know what can be of use to him because I will never let him win this claim.

My brother is mine, his under my guidance, and would never be under his. I fix my reading glass as I continue reading as soon as I wake up, Joaquine is still in his sleep hugging Levi's iPad.

Yesterday after we discussed the case and the step, we would do about it, Levi let Joaquine have his iPad and said that it's fine for him to use it since he has the old one at home.

Yesterday, "We will win this case," he said and stared me in the eyes, "Ehem" I instantly move my hands away from him when Cadmus fake a cough on us.

"Good," I said and stood up, looked around, and went inside Joaquine's room, "Joaquine gave that iPad back to him, they're going to leave," I said and Joaquine quickly ran out of the room and went towards Levi's seat.

"You're leaving?" he asked him, Levi smiled at him and nodded. "I don't want to!" Joaquine said and looked at me.

"But they have to leave Joaquine, they have work, allez rends-le lui (Come on give it back to him)" I said but he didn't listen.

"Joaquin ne sois pas impoli rends-le (Joaquine don't be rude, give it back)" I said in a firm tone making him start his tantrums. "NOOOO!!!!" he shouted and put down the iPad and walk towards my place and pushed me onto my stomach.

"NO! NO! NO!" He started hitting me and I tried catching his hands but he kept moving and pushing me. "Joaquine stop" Cadmus said which adds more aggressiveness to Joaquine's movements and hit me harder, I'm trying to calm him down but his too aggressive.

"Joaquine calms down, I just want you to give it back because it's not yours" I calmly said and try to stop him, but he pushed me harder making me lose my balance, I was ready to get my hips on the floor when an arm warp it my body before I fall.

Joaquine stop when he saw Levi at my back, "Fine, I'll just leave my iPad here and be back tomorrow" he gently said, making Joaquine stop and go back to his room together with his iPad.

He helps me stand straight, and I immediately move away from him when I saw Cadmus was watching us, "Thank you, I will look after him and make sure he wouldn't open important files in your iPad" I said while I avoiding his gaze, how the fuck is he so comfortable on staring at me after a year.

"It's ok, we'll be back tomorrow," he said, I saw him smile but I chose to avoid his gaze and nodded, looking into my cousin, "Call me," I said to Cadmus.

"Yes, I will," my eyes widened because instead of Cadmus' answer, I received his answer.

"I was asking him," I said, glancing at him and pointing at Cadmus. He smiled "I know, I just said that so you can look at me haha," He put his hands in his pocket before they both left with a smile on their faces.

Leaving me here embarrassed, I look at myself in the mirror and curse, "Fuck!" I'm fucking blushing!!!

"You're so stupid Valerie," I whisper when I remember that again! Why is he so cool around me?

I stand up and walk through the bathroom to take an early shower because I know that Jerk will come any minute now.

I wear my brown Christian Dior spring 2021 RTW and paired it with my black sleeper Manom mules. Then I tie half of my hair using my Hermes three-grace scarf. After fixing myself that's the time Joaquine wakes up and plays with Levi's iPad again.