2. Settling In

After making her home at Cokeworth, Olivia settled in the rather gloomy home of Severus Snape, her new guardian. The holiday was filled with awkward silences and short exchanged between the two. After moving in Olivia took it upon herself to brighten up the place. She would pick fresh wildflowers from the meadow down the road, and place them in vases throughout the home.

Her room wasn't too bad. She never had a space that was just her own. Though her room was very plain in coloring, with gray walls, white bedding, and chestnut furniture- she loved it. Mr.Snape even gave her a bookshelf.

That is what she decided to call him, because she was not in school so calling him professor didn't seem right and calling him by his first name was just straight wrong.

But after all, he did adopt her, so she made herself at home the best she could. They had an owl, he was an older owl that was black with graying feathers. His name was Sky, which Mr.Snape had informed her that the owl was named before he bought it.

Sky would let Olivia dote him, she would pet his feathers and give him treats. Once, Snape told her, "you shouldn't spoil him like that, he'll get lazy and not want to fly."

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know sir. I've never had any kind of pet, I forgot he is used for mail." She told the man warily. But after the exchange he never she anything to the girl when he would notice her still slipping treats to the bird or when she would stroke his head. As long as the owl still done it's job he didn't have a problem with it.

After a week at her new home and receiving a few letters from her best friends, she built up the courage to ask a nerve ranking question to Mr.Snape. Knocking softly on the door to his study that she never entered, she waited for his call to enter.

Inside she got a better look of the room that she only seen when passing it to the kitchen when the door was open. The room had a entire wall of just books on shelves. A fireplace on another wall with armchairs in front of it. A large desk in the corner where Snape sit behind. Her hands shook a little as she stood in front of him with his black eyes directed at her.

"I'm sorry to bother you sir, but I was wondering if it could be possible if you gave me your permission to visit with the Weasley family for the weekend? They have been kind enough to invite me to stay with them

"I'm sorry to bother you sir, but I was wondering if it could be possible if you gave me your permission to visit with the Weasley family for the weekend? They have been kind enough to invite me to stay with them. I understand if you don't wish me to go." She asked him which seem to all come out in one breath.

Slowly he leaned back in his chair and looked like he was considering her words. "When would this weekend be that you want to go?"

"The weekend of the 11 of august. My friends are having a birthday party for their little sister. She's turning 9. They are having people over to celebrate and asked me to come."

"You may go. But only after I have had word with Mr and Mrs Weasley. I want to know who will be in charge of you when I am not there." He said returning his attention back to the paper on his desk.