31. Her Flame

Snape stood there.

Snape stood there, as Minerva sobbed next to him. He stood there as the shrieks and cries of the audience roared around him. He stood there as Dumbledores own faced registered grief.

Snape stood there as his whole world came crashing down.

Charlie Weasley, stopped fighting. He stopped trying to get free of the hold the trainers had on him. The ringing in his ears continued, as he fell to his knees.

Fred had a hard time standing, Ron supposed him up. He stood there with his mouth opened in horror. His eyes searching the flames for Olivia.

George was shouting next to him, Lee Jordan held him back. He kept yelling her name. Over and over. Tears running down his face. All he could say was her name.

It happened as if time stood still

Olivia was laying on the stone ground of the enclosure one second, and then the next she watched as the Vipertooth dragon, roared its fiery breath directly at her. There was no running away, there was no time to scream for help, all she could do was ball her body into itself and wait for the impact.

Olivia laid curled up on her side, knowing the flames would melt her. She waited. And waited.

But the heat never came.

Olivia rolled over, and to her surprise there was flames all around her, but they did not hurt her.

Olivia reached for the fire, and it danced around her skin, as if it had found it's home. She looked around, the flames had engulfed her whole body, burning away her clothes.

Her skin embraced the fire, cracking to reveal underneath the skin flames of her own. Olivia stood, and watched at her braid gave way, and her hair blended into the flames too.

She could feel her heart pounding, beating harder and harder, no she realized, her heart was singing. Singing to the melody of the flame.

Time had stood still, as Olivia was reborn into a life of flames. The fire cloaked her body, as if they were the only clothes she'd ever need. Wrapping around her curves.

In the stands, Snape stared at the fiery pit. He watched as the dragon stopped breathing fire. He watched as the red and orange of the flames faded away, until there was only a ring of it left.

The audiences cries had stopped. Silence covered every person who watched. Their eyes on the ring of fire, and in its center, was the roaring flame herself.

Olivia stood there in the ring, draped with the inferno. Staring at the flare of embers drifting from her hand. Her hair a blaze in the wind.