28. Her Wand

Olivia left the office and made her way to the barrels. Inside the noise was deafening. When she walked in everyone started cheering for her. She gave them a timid smile and searched out Cedric and Jo.

She found them in the corner talking. "Ced can I talk to you for a second? Please?" She asked, he stood and they left the barrels standing outside the door.

"Ced, I just wanted to talk to you. I want to explain to you that, I really didn't enter my name. You can ask Jo, I told her even if I was old enough I wouldn't do it. For that solid minute before my name came out of the goblet, I was just so happy to get to celebrate you and cheer you on. I don't want you to think I'm trying to take this away from you in anyway. Your friendship means so much to me." Olivia explained.

Cedric listened with a neutral face. "You really didn't enter?" He asked seriously.

"I swear on my magic that I didn't. Nor did I put Harry's name in." She pleaded.

"I believe you Ollie." He finally said after a pause.

"You do? Oh thank Merlin. I've been so worried that this would ruin our friendship." She said hugging him.

"You'll always be my friend." He told her. They both went back into the barrels and celebrated with their house.

The next morning, Olivia rolled over in her bed and realized that none of it was a dream. She got up, dressed, and made her way to the Great Hall.

People she passed kept congratulating her, and she would just give them a smile. In the Hall, she searched out the twins at the lions table. She plopped herself between them and laid her head on her arms.

"There she is!" Fred said happily, patting her back. She raised up and glared at him. "Oi! What's with the attitude?"

"Yeah? You should be thrilled! I can't believe you didn't tell us you was entering or how you got passed the age line! But still we are happy for you!" Said George

"I didn't enter my name. I didn't want to be in it, I wouldn't have even if I was old enough. I tell you both everything, I wouldn't have kept this from you if I did do it." She told them playing with her porridge.

"Alright, you didn't put your name in. Got it. But you're still in the tournament, so what did they say about the first task?" Fred asked eagerly.

"It's on November 24th, and they aren't telling us what it is to test our daring, and courage." She huffed.

"Okay so we have a little less than a month to get you ready." said George nonchalantly handing her toast and pushing her porridge away from her.

Olivia took the bread and ate a bite. "What you mean we? We have to get me ready?" She asked

"You didn't think we would let you do this all on your own did you?" said Fred, smiling.

"So you'll help me? You guys are the best! Thank you!!" said Olivia kissing them both on the cheek.

Ron sat down on the other side of the table looking grumpy. He started loading up his plate.

"Oi whats got your knickers in a twist?" said George

Ron looked up at them and then noticed Olivia. "Ollie you'll tell me how you and Harry put your names in the Goblet won't you?" He said

"Ron, we didn't put our names in." She explained

"Fine then don't tell me either." Said Ron, and he went back to muttering to himself.

Fred flicked Ron on the forehead. "Ouch what did you do that for?" Said Ron rubbing his head.