86. Vials and Stakes

"Hey mate, it's not what it seems." Reid said with his hands up as if defending himself. "I was telling Re- I mean Ollie, about how I lost my mum. She was just being nice trying to console me. I swear on magpie that nothings going on."

Charlie barely heard what Reid said over the throbbing rage in his head. Olivia came over to him, and held his fisted hand.

"We came up here to grab a book for me to read and got talking. Charlie, everything is okay." She said to him, slowly his fist loosened and she was able to lace her finger through his.

"I believe you." He said softly to Olivia. He kissed her cheek and then looked to Reid, "is that the book she needs?" He said pointing to the desk.

Reid grabbed the book and handed it over, "Yeah, here you go." He said then looked to Olivia. "I'll see you Friday, to prepare."

She nodded to him, "See you, Friday." Olivia tugged on Charlie's arm out of the room to the fireplace.

•••

They didn't speak until they were back at the flat in her room.

"I don't know if I can handle you working with him, Honey." Charlie said quietly as he sat on the edge of the bed. Olivia stood looking out the window.

"I know you don't like it but I can't change it. I have this mission and I'm not walking away from it because you don't like who I have to work with. I understand why you don't like him. I do." She said turning to look at him.

"If he tries anything-" he started.

"Stop. Reid didn't make the best first impression by hitting on me, I get it. But he's been respectful ever since. He hasn't tried anything and if he does I can handle myself, Charlie." She told him frankly. Charlie nodded his head.

"Reid won't cross any line. I promise." Olivia said coming to sit in his lap. "Besides, he doesn't have a chance anyway. I'm completely and utterly in love with you." She said sweetly pressing her lips to his.

Charlie gripped her hip, and let his other hand tangle in her hair at the nape of her neck, deepening the kiss. His hand trailed up from her hip under her shirt, teasing the underside of her breast.

It didn't take long after that for their clothes to find the floor and their bodies were dangled in the sheets.

Olivia took her time reassuring Charlie. Using her body and the way it moved as every breath to say, This is what I want, You are who I want.

And Charlie used his body to respond to her. He grounded into her, every thrust and pound commanding to her, This is where I belong, I belong to you.

Every stroke of his fingertips on her skin was like a whispered praise. That she was his most beloved, and nothing could ever compare to the way they felt for one another.

•••

"Ollie, what do you zink of zis color?" Fleur asked. Olivia was zoned out back to thinking of the way her body shuddered under Charlie's when his large throbbing-

"Ollie!" Fleur said again snapping her fingers in front of her face.

"What? Oh yeah the colors, I love that shade." She said absentmindedly. "You should go with that one." Olivia said pointing to a green that resemble a shade of baby vomit.

"Not zat color, zis one." Fleur said pointing to a lovely Champagne gold.

"Ohh, yes. That's beautiful!" Olivia said reeling in her wondering mind. She looked around at all the wedding planning things scattered on the table.