74. Her Death

Remus felt the impact of that promise he had made to her many months ago. How it weighed him down to his soul. But he made a promise, and like Olivia, he would never break it.

He looked down at his best friend. Sirius held her limp body in his arms, with a hollow face he stared blankly into nothing. He bent down, to get eye level with him.

"It's time to let go now, Sirius." Remus spoke aloud with a soft but firm voice. He reach forward, Sirius just watched him, as Remus peeled around his grip. Remus gentled laid Olivia's body on the stone floor. Sirius was knelt down staring at his niece.

Remus placed a hand on his shoulder pulling his attention away from her body. "Sirius, can you walk on your own?"

Sirius looked up at Remus, "I don't know if I can even breathe without her, Moony." He said in too soft of a voice, making it crack with emotion.

Remus pursed his lips together and squeezed his friends shoulder. "We have to wait until Dumbledore comes back and then we will transport her back to Hogwarts." He said.

Sirius nodded his head, staying there on his knees, he picked up her hand, the hand that was etched with scars, and held it, silently. Sirius did not even look away from her body when Remus stepped to the side.

In his wallet, he pulled out the golden and red feathers. Using his wand he constructed two notes.

Fred and George,
Come to Hogwarts, it's Ollie.
-Lupin

Charlie,
Come to Hogwarts. Firewhiskey.
-Lupin

After he had finished writing the notes he lit them on fire watching them vanish away to be delivered to their owners.

He did not send the third note, that Olivia had asked him to do. Snape would be at Hogwarts, when they arrived. And even if Snape has not been the kindest to him over the years, Remus could not take away the last minutes that Snape would have left knowing that his daughter was still in this world with him.

As Remus approached Sirius again. Dumbledore came in walking to them. The old wizard looked down at the petite ginger. His shoulders slack, and his face full of sorrow. Remus could see the tears swelling in his eyes, spilling over one at a time.

Dumbledore stood there for a moment, a moment of remembrance for the girl now gone. He cleared his throat and looked up to Remus.

"Let's take her home." Dumbledore said in a soft voice. Remus bent down and pulled up Sirius.

Moody had found his magical eye, Kingsley seemed to be on the recovery and standing. Tonks was awake but needed care, as she laid on the floor waiting for medical help. There were people gathered around the entrance, waiting to come in. Dumbledore must have told them to not come in yet.

Moody had shedded his cloak, and offered it to Remus. He wasn't sure what it was for but when he followed Moodys line of vision he saw the looming eyes of the crowd outside the door. He draped the cloak over Olivia's body.

Olivia's arm was sprawled out to the side of her, not under the cloak that covered her. The hand that wore the Black Family Ring and the Snape Family ring, dangled when they levitated her body into the air.

"Take this port key. I have already sent Harry to wait in my office. The other students are also being seen to and will be waiting in the hospital wing at the school. I will be there as soon as I can." Dumbledore said, handing Remus the hat from his head.