48. Treacle Tart

Olivia gathered her coat and bag and together they left the room, outside the door they nearly collided with Mr.Weasley.

"Dumbledore didn't say-" the man began.

"Cleared! Of all charges!" Said Harry beaming.

Mr.Weasley seized Harry's shoulder, "Harry that's wonderful! Well of course they couldn't have found you guilty not on the evidence but even so I can pretend I wasn't-" but he stopped, looking at everyone that left the courtroom. "Merlins beard, you were tried by the full court?"

"Yeah he was." Said Olivia beside them.

Several nodded to them and Bones greeted Mr.Weasley. Fudge and the toad woman acted as if they were part of the wall. And lastly Percy came out, and just like the minister he ignored them. Olivia had the urge to trip the git, but didn't on account of the way Mr.Weasleys face tightened.

They followed Mr.Weasley up the stairs chatting about the prank toilets until they stopped and seen Fudge standing talking quietly to a tall man with sleek blond hair and a pointed pale face.

Olivia stopped dead in her tracks. Instantly, rage began to fill her whole.

"Well, well, well... Patronus Potter." Said Lucius Malfoy, "the minister was just telling me about your lucky escape, Potter. Quite astonishing the way you continue to wriggle out very tight holes... snakelike, in fact..."

"Yeah, yeah I'm good at escaping." Said Harry, Mr.Weasley stood and put warning hands on their shoulders, but he quickly removed his from Olivia.

"And Arthur Weasley too! What are you doing here Arthur?"

"I work here." Mr.Weasley said shortly.

Slowly, Lucius attention landed on Olivia, and his lip curled. "Olivia Evans, strange of you to be here as well."

Olivia felt her blood boiling, she would be surprised if smoke wasn't coming out of her ears

Olivia felt her blood boiling, she would be surprised if smoke wasn't coming out of her ears. But pulled on her best Severus Snape mask she could, coldly staring at the man before her. "Just as strange to see you here." She said icily.

"I don't think private matters between myself and the minister aren't anyone's concern but ours. But what an appearance you can make when you're properly cleaned up." He replied looking her up and down.

Olivia lifted her hand to her throat and rubbed it where her necklace use to be. "I know, it's a shame, my outfit would have been completed if I had my sun pendant necklace, but the real shame is that it was stolen." She said raising her brow.

Lucius' mask didn't faulty, but he blinked. He blinked again and looked back to the minister. Olivia knew her words done their job, because the smugness dropped and sternness replaced it. "Shall we go up to your office then Minister?" He said to Fudge.

"Certainly, this way Lucius." Said Fudge looking back at them.

"We'll need to notify Dumbledore about this." Olivia said turning around to Mr.Weasley. He nodded to her.