39. In Memory

The next day was one of the hardest Olivia would go through in her life this far. The Diggorys visited her and Harry in the hospital wing. All the Weasleys and Hermione had left.

Olivia sat beside Harry's bed, Holding his hand. When Mr. and Mrs. Diggory came in they sat at the end of the bed in chairs. Mrs. Diggory was the first to say anything, asking them to tell them exactly how their son had died.

Harry looked like the words were strangled in his throat. Olivia gave his hand a squeeze and explained what happened. She told them about the cup and the graveyard and how Cedric was hit with a curse. Then how Olivia was stunned and how Harry was tied up.

Olivia explained how through the events of the graveyard she would check to see if see if he was breathing, even when Lucius Malfoy held her back.

She explained that she didn't know any healing spells so she done what she did learn from the Muggle world.

"Madam Pomfrey told us that if it wasn't for you he wouldn't have made it as long as he did when you all returned." Mrs Diggory said, Mr Diggory was sobbing through the entire recall of events.

"I just wish it would have done more, wish it had been more for him..." said Olivia quietly tears rolling down her face.

"Me too dear... but Cedric talked about you so often, at least he was with friends in his last moments." Mrs.Diggory said, standing up. "Both of you look after yourselves."

Harry sat up and pointed to the sack of gold. Before the Diggorys had come in, he and Olivia decided to give it to Cedrics parents. Olivia handed him the bag. "You take this, it should've been Cedrics-" he told them

"Oh no it's yours dear I couldn't... you both keep it." Mrs.Diggory said and left with her husband.

"What do you want to do with the money now?" Olivia asked.

"We'll figure out something..." Harry said "Ollie, I think we need to talk about what Voldemort said about you being my family..."

Olivia looked down at her feet. "I'm sorry I never told you, but I was told that you wasn't allowed to know. And plus Petunia doesn't want anything to do with me anyways.... But it's true, I'm your cousin."

"I don't know how I didn't see it before... you look just like her... like my mum." Harry said quietly.

"So I've been told..." said Olivia, "My mother gave me up when I was born, and I've never known my father, guess I never will. But Harry if you'll have me, I'd really like to part of your family. The only family I've ever had is the one I've chosen for myself, and I'd love it if I had at least one person that was blood to me..."

"Ollie, if you haven't noticed I don't have any blood family members left either. Of course I'll be your family." said Harry, and Olivia reached out and hugged him. Olivia knew then that they would get through this, that all the horror that had happened wouldn't destroy them. Because they had each other, because she had her family.

That evening the two was released from the hospital wing, Harry went to Gryffindor tower but Olivia went to Dumbledores office. She said the password and walked inside, there she found Snape, McGonagall, and the headmaster.

"Olivia dear you should be resting." McGonagall said as Olivia stood in front of the adults.

"Did you watch it? My memories?" She asked Dumbledore.

He nodded his head, with a somber face. "You are very brave to have gone through all of that, Olivia, the strength you showed while looking Lord Voldemort in the eyes, it was inspirational." Dumbledore said.