44. Uncle

The next day Snape made a unexpected visit to Grimmauld place. When Olivia stood in the hallway and seen him standing by the door, she knew.

The results were in for the DNA test.

She ran her shaky hands threw her messy curls, took a deep breath, and went to find Sirius. A moment later the three of them stood in the family tree room behind closed doors.

No one took a seat, Snape stood with pursed lips looking at the small finger in front of him.

He took notice of rather controlled state. The only sign of nerves were her trembling hands, that she toyed with.

Snape didn't know how he knew, but he could tell a part of her already knew the answer. But the full reality wouldn't settle in until it was confirmed.

Sirius looked on edge, his hands were balling up in fist by his sides, waiting for the news.

Snape looked only Olivia in the eyes, "The results confirmed that you are Regulus Blacks daughter, Olivia." He told her in a voice that would be considered soft for him.

Sirius let the words wash over him, taking a seat on a near by chair. He looked to where Olivia stood in front of Snape.

For one second she let herself feel it. Feel the panic of being a death eaters daughter. Feel the words that Voldemort spoke to her, ring true.

For one second she felt her world begin to tilt off its axis, but quickly the second was over and she turned her world right again.

With shoulders back and head held high, she took one deep breath. Looking Snape in the eye, she said, "But no matter what, you are still my Dad." The words danced into the room, of her soft sweet voice.

The words filled Snapes ears, words that she felt the need to say to him, as if the news would effect him more than her.

In that moment he did not care if his enemy was sitting in the same room as him, he took Olivia by the shoulders, lowering his head to be eye level with her.

"And no matter what you are my daughter

"And no matter what you are my daughter." He said, watching the tears begin to swell in her eyes. Olivia reached out and pulled him into a hug.

Sirius watched as the man he despised, held the girl that was the daughter of his dead brother. Watched as he took the place where Regulus should have been. Watched as he held his niece.

Sirius was stunned by the thought.

He had a niece.

A piece of his heart warmed at the realization.

His niece is Olivia Evans. She is caring, compassionate, unbelievably kind, and a fighter. She stood out above all the rest, and was unapologetic about it. She is true to her very core, and he is her uncle.