55. Last, First Match

The next day an Educational Decree was posted, banning all and any kind of student group, clubs, or teams unless approved by the High inquisitor, Umbridge herself.

While the golden trio informed everyone that they are still going through with their plans, and Angelina had to get approval for the Gryffindor quidditch, Olivia felt annoyed for her friends.

But Olivia had her own troubles to worry about, and that included a side project she had been working on. All the extra books she picked up from Cokeworth when her and Charlie stopped in over the holiday was used for a purpose, and that was to become an animagus.

She had followed every step and process from her Dads books. And even borrowed a few transfiguration books from McGonagall. She has spent the last month with a nasty mandrake leaf in her mouth.

On the night of the full moon with lightening storms all day, Olivia snuck up to the astronomy tower, and like she had done that morning. Closing her eyes she chanted the incantation, "Amato Animo Animato Animagus." With the tip of her wand pointed at her heart, and drank her potion.

Slowly her body started to shift, and take form of the animal that represented her. Olivia felt herself begin to shrink down and something bright red caught her eyes.

She shifted around trying to see her new form. Looking down she saw red and orange feathers.

Olivia had turned into a Phoenix.

She stretched out her wings, looking at the new limbs of hers.

This is ironic, Olivia thought considering she was afraid of heights.

I wonder what Fawkes will think of me, maybe I can scare Dumbledore one day by switching Fawkes places. Said Olivia to herself.

She stepped to the edge of the astronomy tower, leaning over the edge.

Yeah, don't think I'll use this drop off as my first flight experience.

Olivia stepped away and faced the stairs, she flapped her wings, having no clue what to do. She slowly lifted off the ground and into the air.

Hovering a foot or two in the air, she directed herself forward and soared down the tower steps.

Not too bad, doesn't seem that hard. Maybe I can get use to this.

Turning around she flew back up the stairs and landed. She closed her eyes and focused on shifting back to her human form. Gradually, she changed back. Looking herself once over, to make sure she didn't have any feathers, she realized that it was a success.

She was now an animagus.

Wait until Uncle Padfoot sees this. She thought chuckling to herself. Olivia gathered her things and heading back to the barrels.

Once in her dorm, instead of going to bed, she sat down and wrote letters.