3. Lemonade

After a month of working at Hogwarts (with the weekends off), Olivia had earned 150 galleons. After the first two weeks Dumbledore had raised her pay to 10 galleons a day, even though she told the headmaster that 5 galleons was more than plenty to pay her for the work she did.

During the month she would feed animals with Mcgongall, walk around the grounds with Hagrid, mopped floors with Filch, who went from hating her for hanging out with the twins, to a mild dislike that she found she could live with.

When she arrived to work, she greeted Dumbledore with a new joke everyday. The old wizard seemed to get a lot of joy out it.

A couple times a week she would have lunch with Snape, who told her that she could refill the storage cupboard for him. She was happy to, even if they worked in silence.

She overall loved helping at Hogwarts. That Friday before the week before the 11th, her and Snape came home after her last day of working. That evening sitting in an arm chair by the living room window reading a book Professor Sprout gave her one day while trimming lemongrass with her. Olivia heard Snape clear his throat from the doorway.

Looking up at him, closing her book. He said, "I have been writing with Mr and Mrs Weasley and after talking to them I have told them that I have given you my permission to stay in the company. I have told them if you get in any trouble while there to write to me. I'm very aware of the history you have at Hogwarts with the twins even if you haven't been in detention for anything."

"Oh I promise I won't be any trouble! I'll be on my best behavior I swear sir!" She said eagerly.

"Since you have saved up your money, I'll will take you to Diagon Alley to purchase a gift, tomorrow. Next week you will Floo to the Weasleys home, however instead of staying the weekend they have asked for you to stay until term begins. I agreed to this only because I didn't want you to stay at home by yourself for the rest of the holiday. I will get your school supplies before school starts and I'll see you back at Hogwarts." He informed the girl of the new plans.

Olivia couldn't contain her excitement. She leaped from her chair and hugged the raven man. Releasing him and smiling ear to ear, she thanked him over and over. He nodded his head and she ran to her room to write to the twins to tell them to good news.

The next morning Olivia jumped from her bed and got dressed. She headed for the kitchen where she had taken over making breakfast for the last month. After they both had ate she threw her bag over her shoulder and headed for the study.

"We won't be using the Floo Network today, we're going apparition. I'll take you side along." Snape informed the girl before she could reach the hallway.

They headed outside the home, where they stood awkwardly on the door step. "Just take my arm" he instructed her.

She lightly gripped her arm that turned into her wrapping both her arms around his when she felt like she was being sucked through a straw. She opened a clinched eyes once she felt solid ground under her feet. Looking around she recognized Diagon Alley. She realized she still had a death grip on Snapes arm, and quickly let go.

"I have to get a few things, meet back a the Leaky Cauldron in two hours. That should be plenty of time for you to find a gift." He told her.

"Alright, I'll see you later." She smiled at him. He nodded his head before heading off to a shop.

Walking around she fell in love with this magical world she gets to be a part in. There was people everywhere. Customers walking up and down the Alley while vendors and shops lined the sides. She looked around in Flourish and Blotts where she found a section that was only a Knut per a book. Walking out with her bag five books heavier she walked to another small shop that sold a variety of trinkets.