23. The World Cup

After Olivia had made enough eggs for the group of 11, they sat around to eat

Halfway through eating Arthur Weasley stood and greeting a approaching man. "Aha! The man of the moment! Ludo!"

The man was dressed in his old quidditch robes from when he played in his younger days. "Ahoy there! Arthur old man! What a day, eh? Could we have asked for more perfect weather? A cloudless night coming... and hardly a hiccough in the arrangements not much for me to do!" The man said

Behind him Ministry's officials took off running towards a clearly magical fire that was shooting purple sparks twenty feet into the air.

Percy rushed forward with his hand outstretched. Even if his opinion last night was not glowing of Ludo Bagman, he wanted to make a good impression of the department head.

"Ah yes, this is my son Percy. He's just started at the ministry. And this is Fred - no George, sorry- that's Fred. Their friend Olivia Evans- bill Charile and Ron- my daughter Ginny and Ron's friends Hermione Granger and Harry Potter." Said Mr Weasley grinning.

"Everyone this is Ludo Bagman, you know who he is it's thanks to him we've got such good tickets-" said Mr Weasley

Bagman beamed and waved his hand as if to say it had been nothing.

"Fancy a flutter on the match Arthur?" He said eagerly jingling what seemed to be a large amount of gold in his pockets. "I've already got Rodd Pontner betting me Bulgaria will score first- I offered him nice odds considering Ireland's front three are the strongest I've seen in years- and little Agatha Timms has put up half shares in her eel farm on a week long match."

"Oh... go on then." said Mr Weasley. "Let's see a Galleon on Ireland to win?"

"A galleon? Very well very well any other takers" said Bagman

"They're a bit young to be gambling," said Mr Weasley. "Molly wouldn't like-"

"We'll take 37 galleons, 15 sickles, 3 knuts" said Fred as he and George quickly pooled all their money, "that Ireland wins- but Viktor Krum gets the Snitch. Oh and well throw in a fake wand"

"You don't want to go showing Mr.Bagman rubbish like that-" Percy hissed. But Bagman didn't seem to think the wand was rubbish at all; on the contrary his boyish face shone with excitement as he took it from Fred and when the wand gave a loud squawk and turned into a rubber chicken Bagman roared with laughter.

"Excellent! I haven't seen one that convincing in years! I'd pay 5 galleons for that!"

"Boys I don't want you begging.. that's all your savings and your mother-" Mr Weasley said under his breath.

Bagman went on about how the twins was old enough to know and wrote them down in a notebook and handed the slip to George. Ludo was talking about Barty Crouch, Percys boss, and the disappearance of Bertha Jorkins.