12. Respects

The following morning everyone loaded up in the cars the ministry had sent. After arriving at Kings Cross, they paired off into groups to go through the barrier for the plateform. On the platform, they all hauled their trunks onto the train and came back to Mr and Mrs Weasley goodbye.

Mr Weasley pulled Harry aside when Mrs Weasley started passing out sandwiches to everyone. Olivia had noticed how strange Mr Weasley had been all morning, constantly looking around, so she couldn't help but notice when he took the boy aside. But before she could find out anything Molly had ushered them back onto the train. They waved their goodbyes as the train departed.

Olivia and the twins found a compartment with Lee, Cedric, and Jo. They had been enjoying a game of exploding snaps when the train came to a holt.

"We can't be there already." Lee said looking out the window. The lights on the train went dark and the temperature dropped.

Olivia sat between the twins, they scooped closer to her, each wrapping an arm around her. "Somethings not right." She pulled out her wand casting a Lumos charm. The dim light casted around the compartment and Olivia noticed that she could see her breath in cold. Someone came running into their cabin.

"Who's there?" Olivia asked, pointing her wand in the face of Draco Malfoy who looked like he was scared out of his mind. The light from her wand casted onto his face.

"Somethings out there!" He shrieked.

"Well get out of here, Malfoy!" Fred told him, pushing the boy out the door and closing it back. They stayed in the dark for a few minutes. When movement caught Olivias eye outside their door.

Slowly, a dark cloaked figured floated by the door window. Lee and Cedric shielded Jo, while the twins done the same to Olivia. The figure was reaching for the door handle when all of the sudden a bright light pushed it down the corridor of the train. The train lights flashed back on. And the temperature was starting to get warmer gradually.

"What was that thing?" Lee asked.

"It was a dementor. The last I heard Dumbledore was trying to fight back against having them at Hogwarts." Olivia shared

"I guess they're looking for Sirius Black on the train."Cedric said running a shaky hand through his curls.

The door slide open and the 6 of them were startled. "Sorry didn't mean to alarm anyone. Just checking around to make sure everyone is okay." Professor Lupin said from the doorway. Relaxing when seeing it was a teacher and the group let out sighs of relief.

"I think we're okay, just frightened a bit." George told the man.

Lupin looked around and recognized a familiar face, a face that was far too pale. "Miss Evans are you okay? You look awfully pale." He asked looking at the girl with worry.

Clutching each of the twins hands, she took a deep breath. And nodded her head, giving him a soft smile, the best she could. "Just got a little dizzy that's all. That thing got rather close to us. But I'm fine." She patted her pockets looking for the bar of chocolate she got from the trolley.

Olivia got it out and broke off a piece and popped it into her mouth. "I read that chocolate helps with the after effects of being around dementors, here everyone take a piece." She passed around the candy, finally she reach the teacher. "Professor Lupin, would you like a piece?"

"No thank you, it looks like you all are in good hands with Miss Evans here. I better go have a talk with the driver." He nodded to the group and closed the door behind him.