6. Breaking Through

Walking into the Great Hall, she headed for the Hufflepuff table and waved intensely to Snape at the head table. McGonagall waved to her instead. She took her seat between Cedric and Jo. They all watched as the first years were brought in.

The first person was sorted into Hufflepuff. Olivia stood and cheered as loud as she could, welcoming the new puff. Earning a laugh from a few people when she fist pumped the air aggressively.

She continue to cheer during the sorting, it wasn't until McGonagall called, "Potter, Harry." That the hall became silent. Everyone waited on the edge of their seat.

 Everyone waited on the edge of their seat

"Gryffindor!!" Declared the hat. Harry stood and joined the scarlet and gold. The twins started chanting, "We got Potter!" Over and over until a warning look from McGonagall ended their celebration.

Olivia cheered for the boy, knowing that he would be welcomed into the House of her best friends.

"Well I'm glad he is with them if he couldn't be with us." Jo said from Olivias right, tossing her sandy blonde hair over her shoulder.

"Yeah, me too, I think he will do just fine as a Gryffindor." Olivia agreed with her friend. 

The sorting continued on, and Ron was sorted into the same house with his brothers. Dumbledore shared a few words with them and began the feast. After eating too much like she always did at the start of term feast, the headmaster gave his yearly warnings.

This year he included a new one. No one was allowed near the third floor corridor, if we didn't want to die a painful death. When she heard the new rule, Olivia gave a confused look to Mr.Snape who didn't respond in anyway. After being dismissed, she waited back to talk to her guardian.

"Before you do, I wanted you to know you don't have to tell me how much you missed me, because I already know. You missed me like crazy." She said greeting Snape with a hug that he didn't give back.

"I have left your things in your dormitory for the term. I have a meeting to attend, Goodnight." He told the girl, matter of factly, and left her in the hall.

Confused to what that was about, she faces Mcgongall who was behind the pair. "One of these days I'll break him. I just know it. I know I won't get a hug back or anything. But my goal is to at least get a smile out of him." She told her teacher.

McGonagall wrapped an arm around the girls shoulders, leading them out of the hall, "Just make sure you take a picture of it, if I'm not around to witness it myself." She told the girl.

The next morning she sat at the Gryffindor table with the twins, Sprout gave out the new timetables when she walked in.

"I can't believe you're not taking Divination with us Ollie. Don't you want to know your future?" George asked the girl who sat between him and his brother.

"At least I'm taking Care of Magical Creatures with you both, besides all that fortune telling is a bunch of rubbish." She told them while spreading two kinds of jams on her toast. "And you both know I want to learn more from Professor Smith, she's taking me in as a 3rd year for her painting class, when she usually only allows 4th years and up."