25. Moody

For the rest of the week Mr Weasley and Percy were hardly seen. They would leave before anyone was up for breakfast and come home late into the night. The ministry was an uproar at the moment. And to top it off the morning they was to leave to go to Kings Cross, Amos Diggory fire called Mr Weasley.

Apparently something had happened with Mad Eye Moody, and they needed him to help fix it over before the paper got wind of the news.

As he left for work, everyone gathered in the kitchen.

"Did someone say Mad Eye?" said Bill. "What's he been up to now?"

"He says someone tried to break into his house last night," answered Mrs. Weasley.

"Mad Eye Moody?" Said George thoughtfully spreading marmalade on a piece of toast and handing it to Olivia. "Isn't he that nutter-"

"Your father thinks very highly of Mad-Eye Moody," said Mrs Weasley sternly.

"Yeah well Dad collect plugs doesn't he?" said Fred quietly as his mum left the room. "Birds of a feather..."

Olivia flicked him in the ear and he glared at her rubbing his ear.

"Moody was a great wizard in his time." said Bill

"He's an old friend of Dumbledores isn't he?" Asked Charlie

"Dumbledore isn't what you call normal though is he?" said Fred "I mean I know he's a genius and everything..."

He dodged another flick from Olivia. "Well I think some of the greatest people, all have to be just a little bit nutty if you ask me." Declared Olivia and stuck her tongue out at Fred.

"Who is Mad Eye?" Asked Harry

"He's retired used to work at the Ministry,"said Charlie. "I met him once when Dad took me in to work with him. He was an Auror- one of the best... a dark wizard catcher," he added. "Half the cells in Azkaban are full because of him. He made himself loads of enemies though... the families of people he caught mainly. And I heard he's been getting really paranoid in his old age. Doesn't trust anyone anymore. Sees dark wizards everywhere."

After breakfast Percy left for work and the rest of them loaded up in taxis that Mrs Weasley had called for using the phone in the Muggle village. After a rough start of getting loaded in, because of Ron's owl, Fred fireworks going off, and crookshanks clawing one of the drivers legs, they finally got to the train station.

They loaded their trunks onto the Hogwarts Express and hopped back onto the platform to say goodbye to Mrs Weasley Bill and Charlie.

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," said Charlie grinning as he hugged Ginny.

"Why?" Said Fred keenly

"You'll see," said Charlie. "Just don't tell Percy I mentioned it... it's "classified information until such time as the ministry sees fit to release it" after all."

"Yeah I sort of wish I were back at Hogwarts this year," said Bill hands in his pockets looking almost wistfully at the train.

"Why?" said George impatiently

"You're going to have an interesting year," said Bill his eyes twinkling. "I might even get time off to come and watch a bit of it..."

"A bit of what?" Said Ron

Mrs Weasley urged them towards the train doors. Everyone was thanking her for letting them stay the summer.

"Oh it was my pleasure dear," said Mrs Weasley. "I'd invite you for Christmas but... well I expect you're all going to want to stay at Hogwarts what with... one thing and another."