11. Leaky Cauldron

The school year ended with a celebration. Everyone was back to normal and everything was perfectly fine. Once Harry and Ron saved Ginny in the chamber of secrets, and the beast was killed, life was falling back into place.

Snape and Olivia returned to Cokeworth at the end of the year. Olivia had just collapsed on her bed after lunging her trunk up the steps, when she heard a knock on her open door frame. Snape stood in the hall looking in, observing the now full walls of pictures and paintings.

"I told Dumbledore that you probably wanted to rest this summer instead of work-" Snape started

"Rest? I've had plenty of rest when i was petrified in the hospital wing! I'm more than ready to work!" Olivia expressed

"Very well, I will send word to him then..." he said standing in the doorway looking around the room still.

Olivia waited for him to say something but he didn't. She noticed he was looking at a sketch that she pinned to her wall above her desk. It was a line drawing of a lily flower. She walked over and unpinned it from its spot, and handed it to Snape.
"I drew it last summer, you can have it if you want, it's not my best work-"

"Oh uh sure" he said awkwardly stuffing the drawing in his pocket. "Dinner will be ready soon." He turned to leave.

"I'll come help you, I don't want to unpack anyway."

"Okay fine..." he said heading down stairs.

A week or so passed and Olivia was flooing into the headmasters fireplace. Dumbledore sat at his desk when she walked out of the flames.

"Morning! I'm ready for my yearly list!" Olivia greeted the man, rubbing her hands together warming them up to work.

Dumbledore stood from his seat, "Change of plans this year, I'm in rather need of assistance today, I mistakenly book two meetings at the same time, I was hoping you could come with me today and help me." He said gathering things into his pockets

"Yeah sure! What we gotta do?"

"I have a meeting at the bank but I was also to meet someone to interview them for the opening for Defense against the Dark arts post. I was wondering if you could sit with them while I finish things up at Gringotts."

"Sounds good to me, where is the other meeting at?"

"The Leaky Cauldron, we best be leaving then, I believe we'll travel the Floo Network. After you," Dumbledore gestured for Olivia to go first.

Once they arrive at the pub, Dumbledore instructed her that he would only be a few minutes at the bank and that a man by the name Remus Lupin was suppose to meet him. Dumbledore told her to explain to the man that he would be back as quick as he could. Olivia found a seat at a table in the corner, after Dumbledore departed.

Not many people was there at 9 in the morning only a few here and there. She waited patiently sipping on a some tea humming to herself.