20. What hurt your heart?

"Are you sure?" Daniel Taylor doubted what she said.

Anna Stark didn’t like his doubtful tone, "I did it for you before, in the villa. You don’t remember?"

"I forgot."

"…" Can we forget things in two months?

Anna Stark looked at him and asked, "Sir, you didn't know me before, did you?"

Daniel Taylor looked at Anna Stark. "Well, no."

The servant was hired by Jack Smith. He didn't care about these things. He replied honestly, but Anna Stark was hurt by his answer. He really didn’t know her and she also saw him twice. They were like strangers.

Anna Stark looked at Daniel Taylor and asked, "If I didn't marry you, will you remember me?"

Daniel Taylor said, "Maybe, not."

He spoke clearly. Anna Stark understood that he was good to her because of her position as his wife. It was Mr. Daniel Taylor’s mindset to love and respect his wife.

Anna Stark was suddenly curious about him, "Sir, Tell me about your past. What hurt you?"

At his house, she felt that his family behaved very carefully in front of him as if they were afraid that he would be hurt twice. He always cared about her affairs and loved her so much. Anna thought she should also understand him.

Daniel Taylor looked at Anna Stark. "Why do you ask this all of a sudden?"

"I'm just curious. You say that I'm your wife, I can tell you anything. Then you…you should also tell me everything about yourself?" Anna asked him.

Daniel Taylor looked out of the window and said, "there is nothing. You don't need to know anything." As a man, he hated to let anyone see his vulnerability. Not even Anna Stark.

"It doesn't matter." Anna Stark said with a smile, "When you want to say it, I'll always be there to listen."

Daniel Taylor looked at Anna Stark and didn't respond because he thought there wouldn't be such a day.

Jack Smith, who was sitting at the front seat looked at Daniel Taylor and sighed helplessly. He thought that Mr. Taylor was so kind to Anna Stark, maybe he would open his heart to her. But maybe he was wrong.

"Mr. Jack Smith, please stop at the next street and drop me there. I want to buy something." Anna Stark spoke to Jack Smith.

Jack Smith said, "You can tell me what you need, I'll buy."

"No, it’s okay!" Anna Stark said, "Please drop me here." Although she studied here, she didn't have much time to hang out.

Jack Smith looked at Daniel Taylor's face and stopped the car, "Please don't wait for me. I will come back later." It was not far from their house.

Daniel Taylor and Jack Smith went back.

"A new small company has sent you an email. They want you to support them financially. Actually there are some university students. Would you like to see it?" Jack Smith was reporting to Daniel Taylor.

"Show it to me later."

Anna Stark came back. She was holding two shopping bags. The maid saw Anna and quickly walked towards her to help her. "Miss Anna, how did you buy so many things?"

"I thought it was delicious, so I couldn't help it." There were some fresh vegetables and some fruits but that shopping bags were too heavy for her.