177. Bride Price!

"I am not in a mood to talk to you!" Claire Ashley saw two of them uniting together and targeting her, while Eiza Preston was just standing like a dumbass. Claire realized that she couldn't fight with them and walked out of the room.

So easy to be pissed off?

Anna felt it a little unexpected, raised her eyebrows and looked at her back.

It was really boring!

Eiza Preston was already against Anna because of her friendship with Claire Ashley and some days ago she also had a little conflict with Vanessa Cameron. She couldn't dare to stay in the same room with Vanessa Cameron and Anna Stark, so she also walked out.

-

University properly started, and Anna got busy with her studies.

She remembered that she had said to Sir that she will come back to meet him. But she didn't get much time in the last days, today she had time so she decided to go and meet Daniel Taylor.

As soon as she got out of university and took the subway, she got a call from her aunt. She thought about the last time, at that time Aunt call her and tried to convince her to leave Daniel Taylor.

Anna answered the phone, "Hello aunt."

"Anna." Her Aunt's voice came from the handset, "long time no see, I was worried about you that's why I thought of calling you to know about you. How are you?"

"Very good." Anna was really happy and satisfied. She had started her studies, and Sir loved her and doted her so much. She felt like she was living in heaven.

"I am really relieved to know that you are happy," Aunt said.

"How are you? Is there everything fine?" Anna asked.

Because Anna's mother had always been very rude to Anna, that's why today when she heard her Aunt's voice she felt more affection in her voice than her own mother's.

"Your mother is here. Do you want to talk to her?" Aunt said honestly.

"..." Aunt said and Anna understood why her aunt called her.

But Anna didn't hang up the phone and asked, "My mother came here to pester you again?"

Anna's mother knew that Anna had a good relationship with her aunt, that's why she came to her Aunt's house and used her purposely.

Aunt calmly tried to persuade Anna, "Anna, your mother just wants your good. It's just that she is not well-educated due to which her point of view is a little different than yours. But these days she always stays worried about you. She didn't even eat much or sleep well. You should talk to her!"

These days, Anna didn't attend her mother's calls, and her mother had no way than to find someone to plead for her.

Anna said, "Okay, give the phone to her."

At the next second, Anna's mother's tender voice came from the phone, "Anna, it's me, your mom!"

Anna's attitude was very cold, "Do you still remember that you are my mother?"

Last time, she treated Daniel Taylor badly and showed her selfishness as much as she can, after that incident Anna never talked to her mother.

Anna's mother pretended that she had accepted her mistakes, "Last time it was my fault."

"If you have anything to say, you can say directly! You don't need to make excuses about the things that don't really exist." Anna said straightforwardly.

Anna really knew her mother's personality. She knew that it must be impossible for her mother to do so much to have an opportunity to talk to her and to apologize. She was sure that her mother must have some other intentions.

"You are going to have a wedding soon, right? I just want to ask how their family planned for the bride price." Anna's mother clearly stated her purpose.

She was giving them her daughter, how can she forget to get her share!

Anna couldn't help laughing after hearing her mother's words, "As expected, you only care about this!"

Not about your daughter!

What her mother cared about was clearly the money of the Taylor family. She was doing everything because of the fear that if the Taylor family will get angry, she will not give any benefits.

Due to Anna's tone, her mother understood the disgust Anna must be feeling and explained, "Anna, I'm not afraid that their family will treat you badly. You are their daughter-in-law, how does it look like if they don't give a good bride price? Everyone will laugh at us."

"You don't have to worry about me." Anna paused and said, "I've already talked to them, they don't need to give the bride price. I don't want anything."