Fifty Five

Madison's  POV

Madison's  POV

"Are you sure?" Nate asked. We were sitting in the car, outside my building, debating wether he should stay with me or not.

"Someone is clearly out there wanting to mess with you, you a hundred percent sure you don't want me to stay?"

I nodded and unbuckled my seatbelt. "You should go home babe." I said. I kissed his cheek and said "You work tomorrow, and whoever is messing with me is harmless. At least physically." Because they were fucking up my mind. "Yeah, until they're not." He argued. "What if it's one of his gang buddies, doing him a favor? Or some sick shit like that."

"What favor? He's dead. I don't think he can ask for anymore favors." I said, trying to convince myself more than him that there's no way that Jason is the one behind this.

He sighed and looked ahead. "Fine." "But, call me before going to bed, okay?" I nodded and pecked his lips. "Goodnight babe." He said. "Goodnight."

I got out his car and headed upstairs. Once I got to my home I let out a deep breath.

Ever since I heard his voice I haven't stopped thinking about him. My brain keeps playing tricks, and I keep dozing off, thinking about ways that he could've escaped death. But, they examined the body, they found his DNA, and they confirmed it was him. I mean, it's the FBI, they would've known if it was a lie, right?

There are hundreds of ways you can mock a persons voice, nowadays there's an app for everything, it's easy as that.

I headed upstairs and went for a cold shower. I undressed myself and stood under the running water.

Who would want to mess with me tho? And why? It's been almost three years since everything happened, why didn't they do it back then.

I ran my fingers over my water and massaged some shampoo into my scalp. Then, I closed my eyes and let it rinse out by the water.

Why can't they just leave me alone? I don't want to think about him again, it took me so long to remove him out of my daily thoughts, and now he's taken power over my brain. Just like that.

I washed the rest of my body and put on a robe to get out. I went downstairs and got some fruit snacks from the fridge, and began eating as I stared out the window.

I'm really intrigued into finding out who's behind this. I remember 'him' saying we could facetime to prove himself and ever since I've thought about a hundred scenarios.

I'm in complete denial that it's him. It can't be. I've convinced myself he's dead, but deep down I'm scared that it is in deed him.

I know he's smart, he's a fucking genius, and he is capable with making people think that he's dead and  getting away with it. I just thought that he would've told me. Which is one of the reasons why I don't want to believe it really is him.