Twenty two

Songs for this chapter:

Privilege - The Weeknd

Madison's POV

"I don't get it, I thought you were in Greece?" Alissa asked through the phone.

I called her for the first time today. The last person I talked to was Justin, and that was around a week ago, I was going crazy.

"I was. I got back to LA last month."

"What? And you never told me?"

"Things happened."

"What type of things?" She asked.

I sighed. "Alissa, you were right about Jason."

"About what?"

"He's not good for me."

"Mads, what happened?" She asked.

"It's a long story. I'm not comfortable telling you everything because I'm just not ready to talk about it. But I decided that the best thing I could do was leave him."

She sighed and said "You know, you shouldn't keep things to yourself, you know that's no good."

"I know..." I said and contemplated telling her the rest.
"Alissa... I cut myself." I closed my eyes after telling her, preparing myself for her to yell at me.

"What?" She yelled into the phone.

"I stopped though! I haven't done it ever since I left Jase. I just thought that I should tell you, but I'm not going to do it again."

"Yeah, that's what you always say. Madison, we've been through this before, you know better than this!"

"I know, I know. It's just that... it was too much for me. It still is, that's why I reached out to you. I'm trying to do better."

"I'm glad you did, don't ever think twice to call me when you're going through something. Okay?" She said. "How long are you gonna stay in New York?" She asked.

"I don't know. I don't want to go back to LA, I just don't feel good at home."

"Well, in that case, you should tell your parents you're there." She said.

"No! I can't. They're going to ask questions and I can't tell them what happened."

"Okay, then... tell Ezra at least. You shouldn't be alone."

"No. I'm just going to get help and once I'm ready, I'll go visit them."

"Fine. But just remember to call me everyday, okay?"

"I will."

"Okay good, I'm gonna go now. Call me if you need me."

"Okay, Bye."