Fourty Nine

Songs for this chapter:

Softly - Clairo

Be My Baby - Ariana Grande

Dance Again - Selena Gomez

Madison's POV

I walked into Isabella's home, and walked over to the living room where everyone was.

She wanted to do a get together and I decided to actually come. I have been staying in touch with everyone now, and things have started to go back to slowly normal.

"Hey." I said. "Mads!" Bella hugged me. I hugged her back and sat next to the guys that were arguing over some video game shit.

I was watching them get heated up and laughing over how dumb they looked until a certain voice caught my attention.

I turned around and saw Isabella laughing with Alissa, who appeared to just get here.

You've got to be kidding me.

"I'm leaving." I said and stood up.

"Madison, no!" Isabella said. "Are you seriously that immature?" Alissa said while rolling her eyes.

I glared at her and stayed silent. I didn't even want to talk to her, not even if it was to insult her.

"Mads, please stay. You guys can't stay like this forever." Bella said. The guys heard us and turned to look at us. "Madison, maybe you should talk to Alissa about this. You might not know the whole story." Josh said.

"What is there more to know about it?" I crossed my arms. "You told the police about Jason."

"Yeah, because I had no other option. Some... man showed up to my house threatening that he was going to find you and kidnap you. That he did it once and he could do it again." Alissa said.

Jeremy? Was she telling the truth?

"I was trying to protect you. Why would I want to turn him in after having to deal with him for so long? I would've done it the day you told me he was Jason McCann if I actually wanted to." She said.

"I'll stay." I said and sat back down on the spot I was before.

We all sat together, the guys had a couple of drinks and we all shared stories about the last couple of months.

"You've barely talked." Neels said while turning to look at me, making everyone else's eyes focus on me.

"Well, my boyfriend is being chased by the feds, what is there more to know?" I said.