Two

Songs for this chapter:

Falling - Trevor Daniel

Peach - Kevin Abstract

Madison's POV

"I'm sorry, I can't make it." Alissa said into the phone. "Are you serious?" I asked in a very annoyed tone. I can't believe she just forced me to go out to cancel on me last minute.

She was supposed to meet me for lunch.

"I got dressed and everything for you, I could've been at home right now." I said and she laughed. "I'm sorry! Chantel dragged me to this photo shoot. But go! Be adventurous!" She said. "By myself? No!" I said. "Stop being a baby." She said. "I hate you, I don't want to be best friends anymore." I said and she laughed.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise." She said. "Goodbye! Next time you're buy me lunch." I said before hanging up.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry!" I said as I turned to look at the person who I had just bumped into. It was some lady who looked like she was in her 40s, she gave me a dirty look and scoffed. I apologized! Why is she giving me attitude?

I sighed and kept walking.

I unlocked my phone and went into the Uber app. I am not gonna go out by myself. What kind of loser goes out to lunch by themselves?  I'll order pizza or something and get it delivered.

"Hey, watch your step." Someone said. I had just tripped and he caught me.

I looked up at him and froze. It was him, Justin.

After we met at the bar, we've been talking to each other nonstop. We text, call or FaceTime each other almost every day. We've gotten really close. He also flirts with me nonstop, I obviously flirt back. He's fucking gorgeous.

He gave me a smile and pulled me into a hug.

"Hey!" I said as I wrapped my arms around him and took in his scent.

"It's good finally seeing you in real life. You look even better in daylight." He said as he pulled away and took a look at me, making me blush.

"Likewise." I said and smiled. "So, What are you doing?" He said as we walked together. "I was supposed to go get lunch with my friend but she cancelled on me last minute." I said and sighed. "You got stood up again?!" He said. "Oh, shut up." I said and he chuckled. "C'mon, I'll take you out for lunch." He said, putting his hand out for mine. "Would this be our second date?" I said. "Yeah, obviously." He said and I laughed as I gave him my hand.

We decided on going into a small restaurant we found. We went in and sat down to order. We both ordered burgers and now we're sitting and chatting.

"How come you're always getting stood up?" He asked. "Justin! Leave me alone." I whined. "What? I'm just wondering." He said.

"What kind of friend does that?" He said and shook his head. "I know, you're my best friend now." I said. "I don't know wether to feel bad because I'm your second choice or because you just friend zoned me." He said.

He said a stupid little comment and my cheeks are already heating up.

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "well, at least I'm hanging out with you. In real life." "I guess I should be grateful." He said.

"But I want to take you out on a real date." He said. "If you let me." He said.

I froze, my stomach was turning, I felt butterflies. I wanted to scream yes but I was too nervous to answer him.

"Madison, I really like you. I promise I'm not just doing it to take advantage of you or get into your pants. I genuinely like you. I think you're beautiful and have an amazing personality. I'll be just one date, if you hate it you won't have to see me ever again." He said. "What if I don't hate it?"  I asked. "Well, youll get to see more of me." He said and smiled. "What do you say?" He asked.

"Yes. I would love to go on a date with you." I said and he smiled.

"I promise you won't get stood up." He said and I rolled my eyes, making him laugh. "Shut up. You always bring that up, it's annoying." I said. "Sorry babe." He said. "Talk about something else, your own life, your work that always has you too busy for me. What do you even work as?" I asked. "I'm never too busy for you." He said and smiled. "Yeah you are." I said. "I'm not, I make time for the things that are important." He said as he threw a French fry into his mouth, keeping eye contact with me. "That was smooth." I said as I nodded in impressment.
He chuckled and took a drink from his soda.

We finished our food and decided to get milkshakes. "Can I try yours?" He asked. "Sure." I said and passed it to him. "Mm, this is good." He said. I laughed and said "Who gets Vanilla?" "I'm training, I shouldn't be eating any of this in the first place." He said, handing me back my drink. I nodded, that makes more sense. He's usually eating a lot of junk, every time we talk on FaceTime he's eating sweets or chips. He hadn't mention he was training before, no wonder he's so fit.

We kept talking and enjoying each other's presence until he eventually had to leave.

His phone went off and his face switched from happy and smiling to a serious straight face. He let out a long breath and said "I hate this but, I have to go." "Don't worry, it's okay." I said and gave him a smile, trying to get him to stop feeling guilty. "I love spending time with you, but it's work." He said and sighed. "I understand." I shook my head, trying to let him know I was fine.

He put his phone down and called the lady that had been serving us over. He took care of the check and said offered to share an Uber. "No, you should go. You have to work. Besides, I'm not that far, I can walk." I said. "None sense, c'mon." He said and dragged me outside. We got into a car, but it wasn't an Uber, it was a personal driver. He was dressed in a suit and he was driving a black suv.

I got home and Justin insisted in walking me upstairs. We were riding the elevator and I felt his gaze on me.

"I had fun today." He said. "I did too." I smiled. "Hopefully I'll see you again soon." He said as we reached my floor. He placed a soft kiss on my cheek and I walked out the elevator. I looked back at him and he gave me one last smile as the doors closed.