Thirty

Madison's POV

Madison's POV

I took one last look in the mirror and let out a deep breath.

Today is Saturday and I'm finally going to see Jason to talk about us.

I grabbed my phone and my bag and went downstairs. I got in the elevator and breathed in and out. To say I was nervous was and understatement.

I felt my phone vibrate and I quickly checked it.

It was him, he just cancelled on me.

Jason:
I'm not gonna be able to make it
so sorry

My heart just sank to the bottom of my stomach.

I closed my eyes and rested my head against the wall behind me to hold in the urge to cry.

The elevator doors opened and I pressed my floor number to go back up.

I can't believe he just cancelled on me. I can't believe how upset this makes me, this is so stupid, but couldn't he had cancelled on me earlier? He waited till the last minute to do so, and over text, with a tone deaf text.

Jason's POV

I texted Madison and turned off my phone. I put it inside the glove compartment of my car and got out.

I walked into the old cabin in front of me as I cursed my life. I felt sorry for canceling on Mads, but this is more important and it cannot wait.

"Where is he?" I asked as I walked in. "Third door to the right." Jack answered. As I walked down the hall, I could feel all the anger inside me come back. The image of Madison with tears down her eyes as she tried to cover herself in shame popped back in my head and I felt my blood boil.

I finally reached the room and I opened the door to see Tyler kneeling him in the stomach. Grayson groaned and dropped to his knees. Tyler turned to look at me and backed away from him.

Grayson looked up at me and shot me a look of fear. I stared at him with no emotion in my face and walked closer to him. He had his hands tied behind his back and he was still kneeling on the floor. I took one look at him and kicked him on the stomach, making him groan in pain and fall flat-face on the floor.

He curled his legs up to his stomach and stayed in a fetus position. I turned around and Tyler handed me my brass knuckles.

"Get up." I said.

"Get up." I yelled as I kicked him again.

I scrunched my face and picked him up myself. "You know how when we were younger I liked to punch things to let my anger out?" I said as I held onto the collar of his shirt. "Well, I'm fucking angry and I can't think of a better punching bag than you right now." I said as I punched him repeatedly.