Thirty One

Songs for this chapter

Every time - Ariana Grande

Madison's POV

I woke up to the biggest headache I've ever had.

I'm in so much pain, I don't even have the ability to get up from bed. And I really want a painkiller.

I closed my eyes for a few more minutes until I gathered the strength to get up.

God I smell terrible. I scrunched my face at my own smell. I smell like pure alcohol, I am so disgusted with myself, I could puke.

I went downstairs and poured myself a glass of water and took two painkillers before going back upstairs. I cannot stand my smell.

I got in the shower and closed my eyes as the water ran down my body. The room was cold so I turned on the hot water and it felt amazing on my skin.
I got some shampoo and massaged it on my scalp. I washed it off and applied some conditioner. I left it on my hair as I washed my body and also shaved my legs. Then, I washed myself completely.

I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around me as I stepped out of the shower. I went to my vanity counter and grabbed one of the face masks I had. I put it on my skin and brushed my teeth as I let it sit for a while. When I was done, I washed my face and went back to my room.

I went to my dresser and grabbed some underwear to put on. Then, I brushed my hair and sat on my bed. I grabbed my phone and saw that I had a miss call from Jason. I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to think about yesterday.

I didn't get to see him and we never talked. Which made me really upset. I had been waiting all week, anxious to see him, and then he just cancelled.

I called him back and pressed my cellphone to my ear.

"Hey." He answered.

"Hey."

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good." I answered.

"Yesterday you seemed... off. You okay?"

"Yesterday?" I asked confused. I tried to think back to yesterday, but I couldn't remember anything. "I didn't see you yesterday."

"I called you. Remember?" He said. I don't remember anything. "Really?" I asked, making him chuckle. "So, you don't remember our conversation?" He asked. "No, I didn't even know we talked yesterday." I said. He laughed and said "Well, I picked you up from Alissa's and took you home. We had agreed to meet today. But, if you're busy or changed your mind I'll understand." He said.

"Uh, no. It's fine." I said. I did want to see him, I'm tired of our situation. I just want to get this conversation over with, stop postponing it.