Eighty

Madison's POV

Madison's POV

I heard water running and opened my eyes.

I took off Jason's IV a few hours ago and now I wake up to an empty bed.

The sound of water stopped and then Jason came out of the bathroom, limping and letting out small groans as he did so.

"Jay, why are you up?" I asked with my eyes still half closed.

"I needed to go." He said as he laid down again. He snuggled up to me and held me. I closed my eyes again and rolled over to be on top of him. He leaned down and pressed his lips against my forehead.

"Babe." He spoke. He pulled the blanket away and I opened my eyes. "What?" I asked.

"You're bleeding."

My heart began to beat faster as I grew scared and embarrassed, and I quickly got off of him before I could get him dirty. There was already a blood stain on the bed, on the spot where I was laying down.

I didn't know what to do. Jason was dead in my head, so I hadn't planned on telling him I had lost the baby, and I didn't know how to break it to him now.

"We need to call your dad. This isn't normal, it can't be good." He said.

"No." I said, barely able to hear myself think due to how loud my heart was beating. "I'll just, I'll go get clean and then clean this."

"Mads, you're bleeding." He repeated, being concerned about my well being.

"I know." "It's fine." I said. while my hands began trembling.

"What do you mean it's fine?" He said in desperation.

"I... I l-lost the baby." I said.

"What?" He said. "How do you know?" "We're not certain, just because you're bleeding it doesn't mean-"

"It happened earlier." I interrupted him. "I went to the hospital already. They said bleeding is normal." I said as I got up. "I'm gonna go get clean."

I grabbed some fresh clothes and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. I got cleaned and put on the clean clothes, only this time I decided on wearing  a pad, just in case there's more bleeding.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I stalled on going back into the room with him.

There's so much going on at the same time, I didn't want to tell him, or talk about the situation in general. I wanted to stay in hiding from everyone until I got better, but then he came back and I... Now I have to face the situation and talk to him about it.

I took one last deep breath and walked out of the bathroom to see Jason fixing up the bed. He had changed the sheets while I was in the bathroom.