Sixty Three

Songs for this chapter:

Garden - Sza

Madison's POV

I laid in bed, staring at the wall, just like I've done for the past three days.

My mom is always with me and my dad got security on my floor to make sure Nate stays as far away as possible from me.

My dad is always gone. I don't know where he is, but my mom told me he was busy working.

I wanted this to be over. I wanted to heal so I could go visit him. I needed to see him even if it was for an hour.

My wound is better, but I have to start therapy. I haven't gotten up from bed in days. And I have zero motivation to do so.

"Madison?" My dad called as he walked in. I didn't have the strength to lift my head to look at him, I just stayed quiet while staring at his shoes.

"I think she's asleep." He said in a soft voice.

I saw another pair of feet and my heart began to beat faster.

I looked up and saw him.

"Oh my god."

He walked over to me and I wrapped my arms around him. "Jason."

I closed my eyes and hugged him tightly.

I pulled away and put my hands on his face as I stared at him.

How? I didn't understand, I thought... how is he here?

"How are you?" He asked as he sat down on the bed and kept his hands gently holding onto me.

"How did you get out?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"He's on furlough." My dad answered for him. I looked at my dad and then at Jason.

Jason had the same look on his face as the day he got arrested. Which broke my heart.

I pulled him closer again, and put my head on his shoulder.

"We'll give you two some privacy." Dad said as he walked out with my mom.

"I love you." I said as I closed my eyes.

This experience made me realize how stupid I was being. And that I should say that more, just in case something happens and we don't see each other again.

"Come here." I said as I pulled away from the hug. I scooted and made some place for him to lay down with me.

He laid next to me and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"You didn't answer me. How are you?" He asked again.

"I'm better." I said. "I start therapy by the end of the week."

He nodded and kissed my cheek again.

"How are you?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders and said "That's not important right now."
"It is to me." I said softly.

He stayed quiet for a minute until he said "This is the first time I lay in an actual mattress."

"What do you sleep on?" I asked as I stared at his dark circles.

"I don't." He answered. "They have me in a solitary unit, with a cardboard for a bed. So... I just lay down on the floor worrying about you."

He closed his eyes and leaned in, pressing his lips against mine.

I gave him a soft kiss and pulled away.

"I'm going to kill Nate." He said while he stared into my eyes and ran his fingers softly through my hair.