Fifty seven

Songs for this chapter:

Wasted Times - The Weeknd

Lust for Life - The Weeknd ft Lana del Rey

Madison's POV

Seeing Jason again left me confused and with mixed emotions, but no matter how angry and upset I was at him, I knew no one could ever find out that he was back, let alone Nate. So I just have to pretend like everything is okay in front of the eyes of everyone, and keep this to myself, nothing I haven't done before.

"Your oddly quiet." Nate said as he glanced over at me from his seat. We were driving back from his parents house, where they hosted a family dinner tonight.

"I'm just tired." I said and added a small smile. "You sure? Did my mom do something I didn't notice?" He asked. I laughed and shook my head. "She was actually nice tonight. It almost seemed sincere."
"You see! She secretly likes you." He said. I laughed and said "She must be trying way too hard to maintain it a secret." He chuckled and placed his hand on my thigh.

We reached my place and he parked right in front of the building. "I can stay with you if you want." He said. I shook my head and said "It's okay. I have some errands to do early in the morning." "You sure?" He asked. "Yeah." I said. "I'll call you later, okay?" He nodded and I pecked his lips before getting down.

I got upstairs and got ready to go to bed and stare up at the ceiling for the next four hours as my mind machinates, like I've done for the last couple of days. I can't stop thinking about him, about the stupid kiss, how handsome he's gotten, and about the way I treated him. I might've gone too far. Although he seems tough and like it didn't bother him, I feel guilty.

I sighed and looked for my phone. I reached for the bedside table and grabbed it, and looked for his contact name.

I stared at the screen with his number on it and thought about calling him. What am I even going to say to him?

I'd be humiliating myself, I would be looking stupid trying to talk to him after the way I acted with him. I had never treated him like that.

Thinking back to it... I said so many things I didn't mean. I did things I regret. I regret hitting him.
I can't believe I did that, I felt so... mad at myself. That's not the type of person I am. Truth is I was angry, I still am! I wasn't ready to face him, so I just exploded. Although he was a complete ass for leaving me behind, during the past few days I haven't stopped thinking about all the good times I've had with him.

I need to make things right with him. I know I was in the wrong, I have to apologize.

I decided that calling him would be inappropriate, specially now, since it's 12:36am. I should text him instead.

Madison:
Jason?

I put my hands over my mouth as I stared at the screen, waiting for his reply.