Eighty One

Madison's POV

"This looks so good." I said as I took a seat.

Jason insisted on having lunch out in the terrace today to have a change of scenery. I guess he was tired of being inside all day, and I don't blame him.

He's fully recovered from... you know. He doesn't have any pain anymore and he's more than capable of walking. He also cooked this meal!

"Try it." He said. "If it's bad, then your father must've messed up my brain or something."

I laughed and grabbed my utensils to dig in. He prepared some chicken with pasta, and a little salad on the side, and he served us some wine.

"Mmm...It's amazing Jay."

"It is?" He looked at me with puppy eyes.

"It's really good." I nodded.

"Thanks babe." He said as he began eating as well. "The day is really beautiful huh?" He looked around our surroundings as the sun hit on his skin as it began to go down. "You tend to not appreciate these little things until you can't enjoy them anymore."

With everything going on, I had almost forgotten he just got out of prison. He hadn't been out in fresh air, in the sun, for months.

He grabbed his glass and let out a soft moan as he took a sip, making me let out a small laugh.

"What did you miss the most while you were in there?" I randomly asked.

"You." He instantly answered.

I blushed a little and asked again "I meant as in to eat."

He put on a smile on his face and answered again "You."

I rolled my eyes and he began laughing.

"Everything was fucking depressing in there but... you're the main thing I thought of." He saws, taking my hand in his and rubbing it gently with his thumb. "All I could think of was that I was going to die in there without getting a chance to genuinely make you happy."

"Oh jay... you've made me happy countless of times."

He let out a deep breath and said "You know what I mean... I basically forced you into marrying me, I robbed you from having a normal life, and all I could think about was... if you'd still be with him if all this shit hadn't happened. I couldn't stop thinking about what would've happened that day if he had never shown up."

"I think that... you would've managed to win me over anyways. Regardless of the Nate situation." I told him. I've always wanted to be with him, I just felt guilty about leaving Nate. He had been with me through some dark times, I didn't think he deserved to be hurt in that way, but he proved to be someone else. Someone I didn't know.

He smiled and said "I would've stole you if not. I would've taken you with me. Far away from here."

"You would've kidnapped me?"

"Can you call it kidnapping? Deep down you wanted to be with me, you just admitted it to me." He laughed. "And that way you wouldn't feel bad for leaving him. Problem solved."

"I guess you're right." I giggled.

His phone began ringing and he looked down at the caller ID.

"It's jack." He said. "I'm gonna go take this, okay?"

I nodded. He got up and pressed a kiss on my forehead before walking away.

I had some of my wine and reached for my phone as well.