Sixty Nine

Song for this chapter;

Cherry - Lana del Rey

Madison's POV

"Im gonna go home." I said.

"Mads, it's still early! We could go out to eat... go clubbing... there's so many things we can do." Bella said.

"Babe, I got out of the house. You should be grateful. I did it for you." I said.

She sighed and said "Fine. Baby steps I guess."

I smiled and gave her a hug. "But you know you can come over whenever you want." I said.

"Of course." She said and hugged me back.

It felt nice hugging someone after so long.

I pulled away and said goodbye before walking out.
I got in my car and I immediately started dozing off while staring at my surroundings.

Maybe I should drive around for a little while. I don't have to get out of the car, I can just... stare.

My phone interrupted my daydream, and I sighed as I reached for it.

I frowned as I noticed it was a number I didn't have saved, I thought it was my mom but I guess not.

"Hello?" I answered. "An inmate from Pelican Bay State Prison is trying to reach you, to accept this call, please press three."

My heart dropped and my eyes teared up, and I froze as I gathered the nerve to talk to him.

I took in a deep breathe and accepted his call.

It was silent though, all I could hear was his breathing.

"Jason?" I asked, getting a little bit scared.

"Hey." He said.  "Hi. How are you?" I said as I parked my car.

"Fine." He said, nothing else. He seemed to be in a bad mood, like he didn't want to talk. But he's the one who called...

"Is everything okay?" I asked, after waiting a couple minutes to see if he would say anything.

"Yeah." He said. "I saw your dad today."

"Really?" I asked. So that's where he had been all day. I'm guessing they were probably working on his case.

"Yeah." "I thought you were the one that had came to visit me..."

My heart beat faster.

"Why haven't you?" He asked.

"Do you want me to?" I asked and, pursed my lips. He hadn't called me in such a long time, I figured he was upset, or needed space.

"Well, yeah. I would like that." He said. "I miss ya."

"I miss you too." I said, with a small smile formed on my lips.