Sixty Two

Madison's POV

Madison's POV

I woke up and kept laying on my side, avoiding Nate's face. I didn't want to talk to him, or even look at him. I couldn't stand it.

But by now I knew better than to test him.

I just stared at the news that were in the Tv.

"Breaking News: Jason McCann has finally been arrested and taken into custody by the authorities..."

They presented footage of him and I couldn't help but cover my mouth to avoid my crying to be heard by Nate.

"Apparently he had faked his death to throw off the authorities, but came back for his lover, who he shot twice for refusing to run away with him..."

My eyes widened at what she said and I turned to look at Nate.

"Did you tell the press that?" I asked him, anger being evident in my tone.

He ignored me and kept looking at the Tv with a smirk on his face.

"Nate, why the fuck did you lie?"

He looked at my while clenching his jaw. "I don't know what you're talking about." He said and then turned back to the Tv.

"You're a fucking psychopath."

He chuckled and said "Aren't you the one in love with... that." He cocked his head towards the Tv.

I wanted nothing but to throw myself at him and rip his face off.

"Get out Nate." I barked at him.

He let his focus on the Tv and ignored me.

"Nate, get the fuck out!" I yelled as tears grew in my eyes.

"Madison, you're never gonna see Jason again. You know that right?" He said.

"He's gonna die in jail."

I felt a knot form on my chest and I began to breath heavily.

"Now that he's locked up, you're safe with me. I'm never gonna leave you." He said.

"I beg to differ."

Nate looked towards the door, and so did I, and my dad was standing there.

"Sir, I'm just taking care of your daughter. Jason Mc-"

"She's alright, she doesn't need you here." My dad interrupted him. "She's not alone anymore."

Nate shook his head and stood up. "I'm not leaving."

My dad walked closer to him and said "Would you like me to call security to escort you out?"

Nate glared at him and then looked back at me.

"I'll be back." He said as he left the room.

I let out a deep breath of relief as my mom walked in.