Twenty Nine

Songs for this chapter:

Ain't Nobody Taking My Baby - Russ

Madison's POV

I opened my eyes and shifted from the uncomfortable position I was in. A groan escaped my mouth after realizing I had fallen asleep in yesterday's clothes in the living room.

I took off my jacket and reached for my phone over the center table. I had two missed calls from Jason.

I slid his contact name, which automatically made my phone dial him. I pressed my phone to my ear as I stared out the large windows.

Wait, what time is it?

I pulled my phone away from my ear to glance at the small numbers on the top of my phone; four thirty six am. Oh no, I'm probably disturbing his sleep.

I quickly hung up and let out a sigh. Hopefully the call didn't go through and I didn't wake him.

About ten seconds passed and his name popped up on my phone. I guess the call did went through.

"Hi." I answered.

"Hello?"  He said in his raspy voice. "You okay?" He asked, his voice sounding deep and sexy, which meant he was sleeping before I called.

"Yes! I'm so sorry if I woke you, I just woke up from a nap and I hadn't realized how late it was." I quickly apologized while scratching my head.

He chuckled and said "Don't worry about it." I smiled to myself and closed my eyes. His voice sounded so soothing to hear, it made me realize how this is the first time in months that we talk on the phone. We haven't really talked much, just that day a week ago, and today that we spent fighting and ignoring each other.

"I'll let you go back to sleep." I said, realizing he wakes up early everyday. "Mmm, why don't you stay with me a little longer? You already woke me up." "You got something better to do?" He said. "Not really." I answered. "Is alex asleep?" He said, ruining the moment. I rolled my eyes, as if he could see me, and said "Goodbye Jason." He laughed and said "No! I'm just teasing you. Besides, why should you be annoyed by me bringing him up, he's your... 'friend', isn't he?" "Bye Jay." I simply said. "No, Princess! Don't hang up." He said. He sounded sweet, which convinced me to stay with him.

"Fine. Are you done being petty?" I asked. "Yes."
"Okay." I said as I switched sides.

"Talking about petty..." he chuckled.

"What?"

"You were the queen of pettiness today with me." He said.

"Well, you were the king of... being an asshole." I said, not being able to think of anything clever to say. He laughed and said "Those two kinda go together. You could say we're meant for each other." "That sounds like chaos and catastrophes to me." I joked. "We make it work." He said, making me crack a smile.

"In all seriousness, I'm sorry for being an ass today."

"It's okay. I'm sorry too." I apologized as well.

"But I have to ask tho, I really want you to tell me the truth." He started. "What?" I asked him, intrigued about what he wanted to ask me. "What is going on between you and Alex?" He asked, making me let out a sigh. "I told you; there's nothing going on between him and I." I said, now that I hear it out loud, I sounded a bit rude, and he was not arguing with me or giving me a tone.