Fourty Eight

Songs for this chapter:

To Be So Lonely - Harry Style

Teenager in Love - Madison Beer

Loving Someone - 1975

Jason's POV

I started my morning at 5:00 AM by going down to the gym to meet with a trainer.

I channeled all the anger and depression inside of me with every punch I threw, causing the trainer to tell me to slow down. I needed to liberate my feelings somehow.

The rest of the training session was pretty light, it was my second day in this gym, all though I had been training by myself at home ever since I got here.

As I drove back home, I had to stop at a traffic light and I doze off looking out my window. I spotted a couple that looked to be around their early twenties. They reminded me of Madison and I.

And suddenly I wanted to kill someone.

I needed to do something, I need something to distract myself from this constant agony. Because every time I start thinking about her I feel... a way I can't explain.

I had never felt so empty.

Sure, I've been alone for all my life. But it didn't used to bother me because I didn't know what it was like to feel loved, to have someone be there for you, to care for you. I didn't know Madison, I didn't know happiness like the one I felt while I was with her. Now that I know all that, and having it all taken away... I feel empty.

Madison's POV

"Nate! How am I supposed to stop?" I asked as I roller skated towards him.

He laughed at me and put his hands out to stop me. I laughed as he grabbed me and looked up at his extremely tall figure.

Yes, Nate and I have been going out a lot. But I wouldn't know wether to call it dates. Things are very confusing between us. Things are confusing in my head.

I do find him extremely attractive, and I enjoy spending time with him. But Jason is tatted in my heart.

"Come on." He said as he extended his hand towards me. I happily grabbed it and followed him to the locker room next to the place where you return the skates and changed to our shoes before giving the skates back.

We walked hand in hand to the mini diner next to this place and ordered some food. While he was ordering, I took out my phone and answered a couple of text messages.

Isabella keeps insisting me that I should introduce Nate to the gang. Personally, I don't want to. Not until I know this is something serious. Perhaps, I just started getting in touch with them, except with Alissa. I'd be weird.

I followed Nate as he walked to our both and I felt him glare at me while we were sitting. He hated when people used their phones and ignored him.

"I'm sorry." I said as I put my phone down. "It's Isabella."

"What happened?" He asked. I shook my head and said "Nothing important. It's just girl stuff."

He nodded and said "Really?" "Yeah... she just, she knows I'm with you and you know..." I shrugged my shoulders.

He smiled while squinting his eyes, trying to get more information out of me.

"That's all." I said.

"I don't buy it but, I have to go get the food." He said and stood up.

He came back with our food in a tray and placed it on the table. "Here's your boring chicken sandwich..." he said as he placed it in front of me. "and here's your diet soda."
"Thank you."

I took a bite of my food and looked up at Nate who I could feel staring at me.

"What?" I asked. He stayed quiet for a couple of seconds and then shook his head.

"So, I know your friends with Isabella..." he said as he unwrapped the paper of his burger. "But you never told me what happened with that Alissa girl, why did you stop talking to her?" He asked before biting into his burger.

"It's not important." I said. "It is." He differed. "I want to know."

"Why?" I asked. "Because it's a part of you. And I want to know every part of you." He said. "I don't want to talk about it. Not now." I said.

I didn't like taking about Alissa. That was a sensitive subject for me, it triggered me. Also, I don't want to have to tell him about Jason.

"Alright." He said, dropping the subject once he saw that I was starting to get mad.

We continued to eat and he told me random college anecdotes to make me laugh.

We left the diner around 7:00pm and then he drove me home.

We were now in front of my building, parked outside.
"Madison, I think we should have a serious conversation." He said. This made me extremely nervous.
My mind circled around his words at a thousand miles.

I looked at him and waited for what he was going to say next.

"I... I really like you." He said while staring at me. "I just wanted to put that out there, as if it wasn't obvious enough." He chuckled.

He got serious again and said "The reason I'm saying this is because I want to know where you're at. Emotionally."

"I know you recently got out of a long relationship, so I don't expect you to fall in love with me all of a sudden. I... I just need to know that I'm something more than just a rebound."

"I never saw you as a rebound." I said. "I genuinely like you Nate."

He gave me a soft smile and raised his eyebrows "I sense a 'but' coming." I giggled and shook my head. "No buts."

"So, would you mind if I did this?" He said as he leaned in closer.

"No." I said softly as a small smile formed on my face.

He connected his lips with mine and I put my hands on the back of his head. He moved his lips softly against mine and I smiled as we pulled away.

Jason's POV

I lit up the backwood that was in between my lips and released the smoke out in the air.

It was 3am and sleep was the last thing in my mind. There was only room to think about one thing. One fucking thing that didn't leave me alone. Her.

She's driving me fucking crazy. It's like she put a spell on me. I don't know what to do.

Every time I close my eyes she's there, when I wake up she's the first thing that pops in my mind.

Fuck, Madison.

As time goes by I keep losing her more and more. And there's absolutely fucking nothing I can do about it.

I've thought hundreds of times about going back and being her with me, and kill the son of a bitch who's been entertaining her. I know that would be putting everything at risk and it's most likely that they'll find me in hours after I get there now that everyone has seen my face.

I've thought about getting Jack to bring her, fly her out on a private jet and have him meet me somewhere far from this house. That way we could meet up and easily runaway if someone follows them.

But I wouldn't be acting fair. She seems happy.

She's been writing less to me.

My time will come. I just have to be fucking patient. But no one is taking her away from me. No one.