Twenty One

Madison's POV

Madison's POV

I pressed play on my Spotify and "time machine" by Willow came on as I got in the bath that I had drew myself.

Once I got to New York, I didn't have the courage to go to my parents. I just thought that they were going to bomb me with questions as to why I'm here, and I really don't want to answer them. I wouldn't know what to answer.

I just want time to myself to relax and heal.

Im staying at a hotel, I have been here for three days now. I haven't told anyone I'm here, I haven't had contact with any of my friends or family, let alone Jason.

I put my glass of wine down and laid down my head in the water, slowly sinking to the bottom. Once my head reached it, I held my breath and closed my eyes.

• • •

Jason's POV

As the days pass, I find myself thinking more and more about her.

Yeah, she walked out on me... once again, but I still care about her. No matter how fucking hard I try to get her out of my mind, I can't. It's fucking impossible. And it's not thoughts of me trying to get her back, it's more... worry. I'm worried about her. What did she do when she left? Has she talked to someone? Has she told anyone else that she's harming herself again? What if she does something stupid? I would never forgive myself if she did something to herself and I never reached out.

Obviously there is still part of me that wants to get her back, I fucking love her. That's not going to change. I want to beg her to come back, I want to tell her that I love her and that I'll do whatever she needs to help her get better. But I'm too proud to do so. I told her I wasn't going to chase after her after she left, I said things that I didn't mean completely. I was hurt, this is the second time she leaves me, and I hate this feeling.

Fuck this shit, I need to know how she's doing.

Madison's POV

I heard my phone go off and that made me get back up. I took in a deep breath and grabbed my phone.

"Hello?" I answered as I kept breathing heavily.

"Madison. Hey."

"Jason?"

"Yeah, i was calling to check up on you. How are you?" He asked. I stayed silent, I didn't know wether to be honest with him or just lie.

"I'm good." I said and closed my eyes. Why is he calling me? I thought he didn't want anything to do with me anymore.

He stayed silent for a moment and I just listened to him breath.