Fourteen

Songs for this chapter:

She's mine - J Cole
Sparks- Coldplay

Madison's POV

"So, your boyfriend is coming." Ezra, my brother, said as we fixed the table. The dinner was at our childhood home, which was by the beach. Once we grew up, both of us moved out. Ezra is in the business industries, I'm living my life sometimes doing modeling jobs. My parents felt the house was too big so they bought a penthouse in New York and spend most of their time over there.

"Yeah, mom felt the need to invite him."

He chuckled and put the last plate down.

"I think it's a good idea."

"Why? So you can interrogate him?"

He laughed and said "You're my little sister, I need to know the guy who's gonna finish screwing you up emotionally."

I gasped and punched his arm "I hate you."

"I'm just kidding."

"Mads, Justin's here." My mom said, as she walked in.

I don't know what to expect from this dinner, my dad already knows Justin from doing business with him, mom has seen him a couple of times but hasn't really had a real conversation with him, and Ezra knows nothing about him.

We walked over to the living room, and there he was, talking to my dad.

He looked at me and gave me a smile.

"Hey." He said. I walked closer to him and put my arm around him. He kissed my forehead and pulled away to shake Ezra's hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Ezra."

"Justin."

"What you guys talking about?" I asked.

"Oh, I was telling Justin here about our little project and how well everything is going at the lab." Dad said.

"Justin was the one who put the funds?" Ezra asked

"Yeah, I came across your father's project a little while ago and I thought it was quite interesting." Justin said.

Ezra nodded his head and said "And now your dating Mads, that's a weird coincidence."

"Ezra, your tone." Mom raised her eyebrow.

Ezra has always been the one there for me. While growing up, we were very close. I shared everything with him, and he's very protective of me.

After Alex, he was the one who was there to pick me up. He spent all those months looking out for me, and taking care of me, making sure I wouldn't do something stupid, that I wouldn't harm myself. After all that I made him go through, he's being very protective on the boy subject with me.

"Yeah, it is a weird coincidence. I actually had no idea you were her father, that was until I saw her at the New York event." Justin said and gave him a smirk.

Justin is very cocky and arrogant, he's the type of guy who doesn't let anyone disrespect him. And if Ezra keeps being shady with him, Justin is not going to just sit and let him.

"We should head to the dining room, food's almost ready." My mom said.

We headed to the dining room, just as she suggested, and sat down at the table. Justin sat next to me and placed his hand on my thigh.

"So, Justin. Are you from here, LA?" My mom asked him.

"No, actually I'm originally from Canada. My parents moved here when I was around twelve."