Sixty five

Songs for this chapter

The greatest - Lana feel Rey

Madison's POV

"Jason?" I panicked as I reached my hand onto his side of his bed and didn't find him.

I sat up and looked around the room. It was 5:28am and it was still dark outside. Where is he?

"Jay?"

I stood up and as I walked up to the door, the bathroom door opened, revealing a shirtless Jason with his eyes half closed.

"Mads? Why are you up?" He asked.

Relieved washed over me and the tension that built up on my shoulders started to fade.

I shook my head and wrapped my arms around him.

"Madison..." he said in a raspy voice "-what's wrong?" He asked, knowing me too damn well.

"I thought you had left without saying goodbye again." I confessed.

"Mads, I leave tomorrow." He said, trying to point out that we still had time together.

"C'mon, let's get into bed." He said in his raspy voice, and leaned closer to my face to place a kiss on my cheek.

I nodded and we both climbed into bed together. He let out a yawn before looking at me.

He gave me a smile and said "Close your eyes baby. Let's sleep."

I couldn't sleep, I didn't want tomorrow to come.

He closed his eyes and put his arm over me. I closed my eyes and tried my hardest to fall asleep.

20 minutes passed and I was still wide awake. I was too anxious to sleep, so I stared at Jason, analyzing his face.

I thought back about how I used to spend my nights when he first left, and how I'm gonna go through that once again.

"Madison..." Jason called, still with his eyes closed.
I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

"I feel your breathing, I know you're awake." He said.

I opened my eyes and they were instantly met with his hazel ones.

"I can't sleep." I confessed.

He sighed and stared at me, his mind surely thinking of something to say to get me to sleep.

"Okay." He said instead.

He stood up from the bed and went to turn the lights on.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I stared at him with confusion.

"Get up." He instructed.

"Jason, come back to bed." I said. He told me how he slept in that cell, and I wanted him to have one more night sleeping comfortably.